Myung Jong Lee
Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs::
Professor Myung Jong Lee received B.S and MS from Seoul National University in Korea and Ph.D degree from Columbia University, New York, 1990, all in Electrical Engineering. He is currently a professor at the Dept of Electrical Engineering at City College and a doctoral faculty of Computer Science of Graduate Center of CUNY. He was on leave to Telcordia and Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, New York 1990
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1978
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1976
Wireless sensor/ad hoc networks
Advanced wireless multimedia networks
Professor Myung Jong Lee's research interests include wireless sensor networks, ad hoc networks, wireless multimedia networking, and Internet. His researches have been funded by government agencies and leading industries, including, NSF, ARL, ARO, DoD, Samsung, Telcordia, ETRI, AT&T, and Panasonic. He authored and co-authored over 130 journals, book chapters, and conference papers and 25 U.S and International Patents (pending included). He is an associate editor for IEEE communications magazine. Dr. Lee actively participates in international standard organizations (currently the chair of IEEE 802.15.5 TG and former Vice Chair of ZigBee NWK WG). His group also contributed NS-2 module for IEEE 802.15.4, a standard NS-2 distribution widely used for wireless sensor network researches. He is the co-recipient of the best paper award from IEEE CCNC 2005 and CUNY Excellence Performance Award.
• Myung Lee, et al, “Meshing the Wireless Personal Area Networks: Introducing the IEEE 802.15.5,” to appear in IEEE Journal of Select Communications, 2010
• J. Yoon, G. Ahn, M. Lee, S. Joo, “PNP-MAC: Preemptive slot allocation and Non-preemptive transmission for providing QoS in Body Area Networks,” to appear, IEEE CCNC2010
• T.R.Park, K.J.Park and Myung J. Lee “Design and Analysis of Asynchronous Wakeup for Wireless Sensor Networks,” to appear in IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 2010
• Tae Rim Park and Myung Lee, “Power Saving Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks on IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE communication magazine, June, 2008
• R. Zhang, M. Lee, S. Joo, “Distributed mobile sink support in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Milcom 2008, San Diego, November 2008,
• R. Zhang, T. Park, H. Jung, M. Lee, “Testbed Experimentation of a Meshed Ttree Routing with Local Link State for Wireless PAN Mesh,” IEEE ICC 2008, Beijing, May 2008
• B. Chen, M. Lee, Y. Sun, “A Framework for Crosslayer Optimization from Physical Layer to Routing Layer on Wireless Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE Globecom, Washington DC, November 2007
• J. Li, Y. Sun, M. Lee, “On Performance of Cooperative Large CDMA Random Access Networks,” IEEE Globecom 2007
• Tae Rim Park, Myung Lee, Junehyung Park, and Jaehyun Park, “FG-MAC: Fine-Grained Wakeup Request MAC for Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Communication Letter, Vol. 11, No. 12, December 2007
• Ahmed Abd El Al, Tarek Saadawi, Myung Lee, “A Multi-path Error Control Mechanism for Interactive Video in Ad Hoc Networks,” Vol.4, No. 1-2, Journal of Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, 2007.
• J. Zheng and M. Lee, “A Resource-Efficient and Scalable Wireless Mesh Routing Protocol,” Journal of Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.5, No. 6, Sept. 2006, Elsevier.
• X. Hu and M. Lee, “An Efficient Multipath Structure for Concurrent Data Transport in Wireless Mesh Networks,” Journal of Computer Communications, vol. 30, 2007.
• J. Zheng, M. Lee and M. Anshel, “Towards Secure Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks,” IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, VOL. 5, NO. 10, OCTOBER 2006
• O. Hussein, T. Saadawi, M. Lee, “Probability Routing Algorithm for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network's Resources Management ", IEEE Journal on Slected Areas on Communications (JSAC) vol. 23, No.12, December 2005.
• (Book Chapter) T. Park and M. Lee, “Power Saving Algorithms on IEEE 802.15.4 for Wireless sensor networks,” in Emerging Wireless LANs, Wireless PANs, and Wireless MANs, Wiley, 2009 (ed. Yang Xiao and Yi Pan)
• (Book Chapter) C. Zhu and M. Lee, “LR WPAN Mesh, in Emerging Wireless LANs, Wireless PANs, and Wireless MANs,” Wiley, 2009 (ed. Yang Xiao and Yi Pan)
• (Book Chapter) J. Zheng and M. Lee, “A Comprehensive Performance Study of IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE Press, Sept. 2004