Myung Jong Lee
Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs::
Dr. Myung J. Lee received a B.S. and an M.S. from Seoul National University in Korea and Ph.D. degree from Columbia University in electrical/electronics engineering. He is currently a professor at the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering and a doctoral faculty of computer science at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He is also an adjunct professor at GIST. Dr. Lee’s recent research interests include secure vehicular communications, vehicle-to-smart grid, wireless sensor/ad hoc networks, and mobile cloud computing. His research has been funded by government agencies and leading industries, including NSF, ARL, Bellcore, Samsung, and ETRI. He published over 150 international journals/conference papers, a book (Green IT: Technologies and Applications, Springer-Verlag)(ed.), book chapters, more than 25 U.S and international patents, and numerous contributions to IEEE 802.15 standards and ZigBee (currently the chair of IEEE 802.15 TG8 PAC). He is a technical editor for IEEE communications magazine. Dr. Lee’s research group developed the first NS-2 simulator for IEEE 802.15.4, a standard NS-2 distribution widely used for wireless sensor network researches. He received the best paper award at IEEE CCNC 2005 and CUNY Excellence Performance Award.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, 1990
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1978
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1976
Wireless sensor/ad hoc networks
Advanced wireless multimedia networks
Dr. Lee’s research interests are in general areas of wireless communication networks including vehicular communications, security, wireless sensor/ad hoc networks, IoT, mobile cloud computing, and Vehicle-to-Smart Grid.
• (Book) Green IT: Technologies and Applications (ed.), Jae H. Kim and Myung J. Lee, Springer-Verlag, 2011.
• (Book Chapter) Yanchen Liu, Myung Lee, Yanyan Zheng, “Resource Allocation for Mobile Cloud Computing,” Mobile Cloud Computing and Services, Springer-Verlag, 2015.
• Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “Multi-Resource Allocation for Cloudlet-Based Mobile Cloud Computing System,” IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, 2015.
• Yang Kim and Myung Lee, “Scheduling Multi-channel and Multi-timeslot in Time Constrained Wireless Sensor Networks via Simulated Annealing and Particle Swarm Optimization,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 52. No. 1, January 2014.
• Kazhi Ahmed and Myung Lee, “Layered Scalable WAVE Security for VANET,” IEEE Milcom, 2015.
• Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “Security-aware resource allocation for mobile cloud computing systems,” 24th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks, ICCCN 2015, Las Vegas, Aug. 2015.
• Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “An adaptive resource allocation algorithm for partitioned services in mobile cloud computing,” in Ninth IEEE International Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering, SOSE 2015, San Francisco, CA, Mar. 1-5 2015, pp. 209–215.
• Kazhi Ahmed and Myung Lee, “Derivable Public Key based Security Scheme for VANET,” UKC2015, August 2015.
• Chan Jun Chun, Seok Hee Jeong, Myung Kyu Choi, Hong Kook Kim, and Myung J. Lee, “Conversion of Nearly Monaural Audio Signal to 5.1-Channel Audio Signal for Portable Multimedia Devices,” IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics 2015.
• Kwang Myung Jeon, Dong Yun Lee, Hong Kook Kim, Myung J. Lee, “Acoustic Surveillance of Hazardous Situations Using Nonnegative Matrix Factorization and Hidden Markov Model,” Audio Engineering Society, 137th convention, October 2014, LA, USA.
• Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “An Effective Dynamic Programming Offloading Algorithm in mobile cloud computing system,” IEEE WCNC 2014.
• Myung Lee, et al, “Meshing the Wireless Personal Area Networks: Introducing the IEEE 802.15.5,” to appear in IEEE Journal of Select Communications, 2010.
• J. Yoon, G. Ahn, M. Lee, S. Joo, “PNP-MAC: Preemptive slot allocation and Non-preemptive transmission for providing QoS in Body Area Networks,” to appear, IEEE CCNC2010.
• T.R.Park, K.J.Park and Myung J. Lee “Design and Analysis of Asynchronous Wakeup for Wireless Sensor Networks,” to appear in IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, 2010.
• Tae Rim Park and Myung Lee, “Power Saving Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks on IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE communication magazine, June, 2008.
• R. Zhang, M. Lee, S. Joo, “Distributed mobile sink support in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Milcom 2008, San Diego, November 2008.
• R. Zhang, T. Park, H. Jung, M. Lee, “Testbed Experimentation of a Meshed Ttree Routing with Local Link State for Wireless PAN Mesh,” IEEE ICC 2008, Beijing, May 2008.
• B. Chen, M. Lee, Y. Sun, “A Framework for Crosslayer Optimization from Physical Layer to Routing Layer on Wireless Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE Globecom, Washington DC, November 2007.
• J. Li, Y. Sun, M. Lee, “On Performance of Cooperative Large CDMA Random Access Networks,” IEEE Globecom 2007.
• Tae Rim Park, Myung Lee, Junehyung Park, and Jaehyun Park, “FG-MAC: Fine-Grained Wakeup Request MAC for Wireless Sensor Networks,” IEEE Communication Letter, Vol. 11, No. 12, December 2007.
• Ahmed Abd El Al, Tarek Saadawi, Myung Lee, “A Multi-path Error Control Mechanism for Interactive Video in Ad Hoc Networks,” Vol.4, No. 1-2, Journal of Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, 2007.
• J. Zheng and M. Lee, “A Resource-Efficient and Scalable Wireless Mesh Routing Protocol,” Journal of Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.5, No. 6, Sept. 2006, Elsevier.
• X. Hu and M. Lee, “An Efficient Multipath Structure for Concurrent Data Transport in Wireless Mesh Networks,” Journal of Computer Communications, vol. 30, 2007.
• J. Zheng, M. Lee and M. Anshel, “Towards Secure Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks,” IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, VOL. 5, NO. 10, OCTOBER 2006.
• O. Hussein, T. Saadawi, M. Lee, “Probability Routing Algorithm for Mobile Ad-Hoc Network's Resources Management ", IEEE Journal on Slected Areas on Communications (JSAC) vol. 23, No.12, December 2005.
• (Book Chapter) T. Park and M. Lee, “Power Saving Algorithms on IEEE 802.15.4 for Wireless sensor networks,” in Emerging Wireless LANs, Wireless PANs, and Wireless MANs, Wiley, 2009 (ed. Yang Xiao and Yi Pan).
• (Book Chapter) C. Zhu and M. Lee, “LR WPAN Mesh, in Emerging Wireless LANs, Wireless PANs, and Wireless MANs,” Wiley, 2009 (ed. Yang Xiao and Yi Pan).
• (Book Chapter) J. Zheng and M. Lee, “A Comprehensive Performance Study of IEEE 802.15.4,” IEEE Press, Sept. 2004.