Myung J. Lee
Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs
Myung J. Lee
Dr. Myung J. Lee received a B.S and an MS from Seoul National University in Korea and Ph.D degree from Columbia University in electrical/electronics engineering. He is currently a professor at the Dept of Electrical & Computer Engineering and a doctoral faculty of computer science at Graduate Center of City University of New York. He is also an adjunct professor at GIST.
Dr. Lee’s recent research interests include mobile edge cloud computing, stochastic computing applications, secure vehicular communications, SDN, V2X, wireless sensor/ad hoc networks, mobile wireless testbed beyond 5G. His researches have been funded by government agencies and leading industries, including, NSF, ARL, Bellcore, Samsung and ETRI. He published over 180 international journals/conference papers, a book (Green IT: Technologies and Applications, Springer)(ed.), book chapters, more than 25 U.S and international patents, and numerous international standard contributions including IEEE 802.15 standards (chair for TG5 WPAN Mesh and TG8 Peer Aware Communications) and ZigBee. Dr. Lee’s research group developed the first NS-2 simulator for IEEE 802.15.4, a standard NS-2 distribution widely used for wireless sensor network researches. He received the best paper awards at IEEE CCNC 2005 and 1st SMARTGIFT conference 2016, and CUNY Performance Excellence Award.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, 1990
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1978
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University, Korea, 1976
5G Mobile Communication & IoT
Wireless sensor/ad hoc networks
Advanced wireless multimedia networks
Dr. Lee’s research interests are in general areas of wireless communication networks including mobile edge cloud computing, secure vehicular communications, stochastic computing applications, IoT, wireless sensor/ad hoc networks, and Vehicle-to-Smart Grid.
- NSF Stochastic Computing-based Host Intrusion Detection System
- NSF Resilient Cloud Designed Networks
- NSF PAWR COSMOS testbed (Cloud Enhanced Open Software Defined Mobile Wireless Testbed for City-Scale Deployment)
- MSRDC Noise-Aware Low-Cost Low-Power Baseband DSP Hardware using Stochastic Computing
- (Book) Green IT: Technologies and Applications (ed.), Jae H. Kim and Myung J. Lee, Springer-Verlag, 2011
- Kazi Ahmed and Myung Lee, “Secure Resource Allocation for LTE-based V2X Service,” IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 67, No. 12, pp. 11324-1133, Dec. 2018
- Kazi Ahmed and Myung Lee, “Secure, LTE-based D2D for V2X Services,” IEEE IoT Journal, Vol. 5, No. 5, October, 2018, pp. 3724-3732
- A. Qadeer, M. Lee, K. Tsukamoto, “Real-time Multi-resource Allocation via Structured Policy Table,” The 11-th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS-2019), Japan, Sept, 2019
- Kwang Myung Jeon, Chan Jun Chun, Hong Kook Kim, and Myung J. Lee, “User-Aware Audio Marker Using Low Frequency Ultrasonic Object Detection and Communication for Augmented Reality,” Journal of Applied Science, Appl. Sci. 2019 ; doi:10.3390/app9102004
- K. Ahmed, B. Yuan, M. Lee, “High Accuracy Stochastic Computing based FIR Filter Design,” ICASSP 2018 (IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing), Calgary, Canada 2018
- M. Hussain, Werner Brandauer, Myung Lee, “Mobility-aware Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Optimization for Uniform Utilization in Smart Grid based Power Distribution Network,” Journal of Mobile Networks and Application (MONET), April, 2018
- M Hussain and M. Lee, “End-to-end Delay minimization in Multi-Channel, TDMA Wireless Sensor Networks by Particle Swarm Optimization,” IEEE ICACCE 2018 (IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computer and Communication Engineering), Paris, 2018
- Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, Yangyang Zheng, “Multi-Resource Allocation for Cloudlet-Based Mobile Cloud Computing System,” IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, Vol. 15., No. 10, Oct. 2016
- Kwang M. Jeon, Hong Kook Kim, Myung Lee, “Non-coherent Low-frequency Ultrasonic Communication System with Optimum Symbol Length,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, May 2016
- Yang Kim and Myung Lee, “Scheduling Multi-channel and Multi-timeslot in Time Constrained Wireless Sensor Networks via Simulated Annealing and Particle Swarm Optimization,” IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 52. No. 1, January 2014.
- S. Yamasaki, D. Nobayashi, K. Tsukamoto, T. Ikenaga, M. Lee, “On-demand Transmission Interval Control Method for Spatio-Temporal Data Retention,” The 11-th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS-2019). Japan, Sept. 2019
- Kwang Myung Jeon, Chan Jun Chun, Hong Kook Kim, and Myung J. Lee , “ Application of Low-Frequency Utlrasonic Communication to Audio Marker for Augmented Reality, IEEE ICCE 2017.
- (Best Paper) Muhammad Hussain and Myung Lee, “Mobility Incorporated Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) Optimization for Uniform Utilization in Smart Grid based Power Distribution Network,” 1st EAI International conference on Smart Grid Inspired Future Technologies, May 2016, Liverpool, UK
- Kazhi Ahmed and Myung Lee, “Layered Scalable WAVE Security for VANET” IEEE Milcom 2015
- Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “Security-aware resource allocation for mobile cloud computing systems,” 24th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks, ICCCN 2015, Las Vegas, Aug. 2015.
- Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “An adaptive resource allocation algorithm for partitioned services in mobile cloud computing,” in Ninth IEEE International Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering, SOSE 2015, San Francisco, CA, Mar. 1-5 2015, pp. 209–215.
- Kwang Myung Jeon, Dong Yun Lee, Hong Kook Kim, Myung J. Lee, “Acoustic Surveillance of Hazardous Situations Using Nonnegative Matrix Factorization and Hidden Markov Model,” Audio Engineering Society, 137th convention, October 2014, LA, USA
- Yanchen Liu and Myung Lee, “An Effective Dynamic Programming Offloading Algorithm in mobile cloud computing system,” IEEE WCNC 2014.