Professor and Chair
Earth & Atmospheric Science
Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs
Earth System Science and Environmental Engineering
Areas of Expertise/Research
- Water Pollution
- Air Pollution
- Fate of Organic Contaminants in The Environment
Marshak Science Building
Ph.D. in Geological Engineering, University of Utah
M.S. in Earth Science/Geochemistry, Montana Tech
B.S. in Geochemistry, University of Science and Technology of China
Occurrence, fate, and transport of pollutants in the environment; remediation of contaminated soil and water
1. #DeVries S.L., K.A. Block, M. Loving, L. Logozzo, and *P. Zhang, 2020, The effects of trace narasin on the biogeochemical N-cycle in a cultivated sandy loam, Sci. Tot. Env. 716, 137031, doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.137031.
2. Fan, SD, C. Liu, ZQ Xie, YS Dong, QH Hu, GQ Fan, ZY Chen, TS Zhang, JB Duan, P Zhang, JG Liu. 2018. Scanning vertical distributions of typical aerosols along the Yangtze River using elastic lidar, Sci. Tot. Env. 628-629: 631-641; doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.02.099.
3. Chi, XY, C Liu, ZQ Xie, GQ Fan, Y Wang, PZ He, SD Fan, QQ Hong, Z Wang, XW Yu, FE Yue, JB Duan, P Zhang, JG Liu, 2018. Observations of ozone vertical profiles and corresponding precursors in the low troposphere in Beijing, China, Atom. Res. 213: 224-235, doi:10.1016/j.atmosres.2018.06.012.
4. Li M., X. Yu, H. Kang, Z. Xie and P. Zhang, 2017. Concentrations and size distributions of bacteria-containing particles over oceans from China to the Arctic Ocean, Atmosphere 8(5), 82; doi:10.3390/atmos8050082.
5. Li G., P. Zhang, and J. Sun, 2017, A new model describing the interaction between fluid pressure wave in pores and P-wave in rock matrix, Geophysics, 82(4), doi: 10.1190/geo2016-0285.1
6. #DeVries, S and *P. Zhang, 2016, Antibiotics and the Terrestrial Nitrogen Cycle: A Review, Curr. Poll. Rep. doi: 10.1007/s40726-016-0027-3.
7. #DeVries, S, M. Loving, X. Li, and *P. Zhang, 2015, The effect of ultralow-dose antibiotics exposure on soil nitrate and N2O flux, Sci. Rep. (by Nature Publishing Group), 5, 16818; doi: 10.1038/srep16818.
8. Chen, C., J. Li, #S. DeVries, *P. Zhang, *X. Li, 2015, Transport of antibiotic resistance plasmids in porous media, Vadose Zone J. 14(3), doi:10.2136/vzj2014.06.0068.
9. Nielsen, L., P. Zhang, and *T. J. Bandosz, 2015, Adsorption of carbamazepine on sludge/fish waste derived adsorbents: Effect of surface chemistry and texture, Chem. Eng. J., 267, 170-181.
10. Chen, C, J. Lia, P. Chen, R. Ding, P. Zhang, and *X. Li, 2014, Occurrence of antibiotics and antibiotic resistances in soils from wastewater irrigation areas in Beijing and Tianjin, China, Environ. Poll. 193, 94-101.