from the ESE Program Director Prof. Marco J. Castaldi
Please see ESE flyer for Undergraduate program:
Please see representing video about us (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d5h85clvwiVpFkjaPvKE_YmzB3gnleOh/view)
ESE Program together with Earth Engineering Center co-hosted the conference Rethinking the Way We Manage, Repurpose Waste (https://www.waste360.com/recycling/rethinking-way-we-manage-repurpose-w…)
Human activity is increasingly perturbing our fragile environment by depleting our natural resources, destroying ecosystems and accelerating climate change. A sustainable planet requires engineers and scientists to understand the impact of their decisions on built and natural systems.
- Congratulations to ESE student-athletes Recognized On Spring 2021 AD’s Honor Roll: Lucy https://ccnyathletics.com/sports/womens-outdoor-track-and-field/roster/… and Sardar https://ccnyathletics.com/sports/baseball/roster/sardar-khanbilvardi/40…
- Congratulations to the Student Award winners from the 1st Annual GSoE Industry Day, May 26, 2021 !
Best Senior Design Project: Rockland Drinking Water Treatment Plant: Amanda Baksh, Abigail Doris, Christian Vergara, and Denzel Phillip
Best original project: Reforestation in Haiti: Lucy Piacentini, Erin Wengerter, Andrew Tan, Melissa Souffront, and Mohamed Lyachi
- New report, “The Scientific Truth about Waste-to-Energy” was published May 25, 2021 by ESE Director Prof. Marco J. Castaldi, see the link
- ESE student Caroline Sch. was awarded NOAA EPP fellowship, see https://www1.cuny.edu/mu/forum/2021/07/12/ccny-engineering-junior-carol…
- Marco J. Castaldi, ESE Director, Professor of Chemical Engineering has secured a $1 million grant from one of the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy's (ARPA-E) newest programs, Waste in X (WiX) that works to advance the improvement of the physical or chemical properties of residues produced from the thermal conversion of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) into valuable products.
- URGENT: https://ccny.dreamkeepers.org/ The Emergency Grant provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. The Emergency Grant assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
ESE Director Prof. Marco Castaldi was featured on broadcast Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 3pm to WHCR-90.3FM to From City to the World, hosted by CCNY President Vince Boudreau, discussing sustainability and waste management. To listen to or watch From City to the World tune https://soundcloud.com/whcrnews/from-city-to-the-world-waste-management… .
ESE students Marjorie V., Lucy P., Michael H., Courtni H., Jennifer D. were awarded the Colin Powell Climate Policy Fellow
- ESE students Sardar Kh. and Caroline Sch. were awarded Colin Powell Fellowship
- ESE student Koffi Ap. was awarded NOAA EPP fellowship
- ESE students Kenneth Ar., Jennifer D., Aye Ph., Kiara R., Erin W., Caroline Sh., Alejandra R., Mohamed L., Adrian P., Dilchand N., Ishrat Ja., Eder H., Equisha G., Ysabel B., César H., Fausto T., Jessica Ch., Siena D., Stefanos S., Victor D., Stephany P., Cassandra C. were awarded NOAA CREST fellowship
ESE senior Rafael Arias was awarded prestigious Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, gaining skills critical to national security and economic competitiveness https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/news/travel-awaits-six-ccny-gilman-scholars
Please join us with congratulations to ESE alumna Agata Bugala with the NYWEA award
New publication Role of plastics in decoupling municipal solid waste and economic growth in the U.S.
Mark Campmier was named the Great Grad 2018
NEW FINDINGS plastic waste can be converted into energy and fuels
NEW FELLOWSHIPS Lawrence Vulis (NASA ESSF) and Stanley Ko (NSF GRFP)
NEW COURSE ENGR I9500 Professional Seminar and Special Topics in Earth Systems & Environmental Engineering
Safat Chowdhury was named the Great Grad 2017
ESE led Interdisciplinary Team Wins First Prize from EPA
How can stormwater runoff be effectively managed while benefiting the campus community and environment? In designing a solution, CCNY students won first prize for their innovative green infrastructure project in the EPA 2017 Campus RainWorks Challenge.
Please congratulate Lawrence, Agata and Alexander!
Prof. Marco J. Castaldi
Steinman Hall Room 307
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
Dr. Liubov Kreminska
Steinman Hall Room 421
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031
p: 248.907.0249 and 212.650.8299