1991 - present CCNY Professor
1986/90 - CCNY Associate Professor
1983/85 - CCNY Assistant Professor
2001/02 - Phaethon Comm. Senior Staff
2001/02 - Pine Photonics Comm. Project Engineer
1979/83 - NCR Corp. Senior Engineer
- MBA., Business Administration, Kent State University, 1983.
- Ph.D., Physics, City University of New York, 1978.
- M.S., Physics, The City College of New York, 1974.
- B.S., Physics, Ting Hua University, Taiwan, 1970.
- EE33000 Electromagentic Theory
- EE33300 Microwave, antenna, optical fibers
- EE35200 Photonic Engineering
- “Apparatus using optical deflectors”, R.Alfano, P.Ho, L.Yang, Q.Wang, US#5,636,050 (1997)
- “2D imaging of translucent objects in turbid media”, R. Alfano, P. Ho, X. Liang, US#5,644,429 (1997)
- “Ultrafast optical imaging of objects in or behind turbid media”, R. Alfano, P. Ho, X. Liang,L. Wang, US#5,710,429 (1998)
- “Methods for amplifying laser signals using fibers with crystal particles”, R. Alfano, V. Petricevic, P. Ho, #5,717,517 (1998)
- “Time-resolved imaging”, R. Alfano, P. Ho, L. Wang, P. Galland, #5,799,656 (1998)
- "Multi-stage optical Kerr gate system", P. Ho, R. Alfano, US #5,828,484 (1998)
- "Detection of corrosion beneath paint using polarization imaging”, J. Ali,, W. Wang, P. Ho, R. Alfano, Optics Letters, 25 1303 (2000)
- "Nondestructive evaluation of incipient corrosion in a metal beneath paint by second-harmonic tomography”, J. Ying, F. Liu, P. Ho, R. Alfano, Optics Letters, 25 1189 (2000)
- "Laser irradiative tissue probed in situ by collagen 380-nm fluorescence imaging , Laser in Surgery and Medicine", J. Tang, F. Zeng, H. Savage, P. Ho, R. Alfano 27, 158-164 (2000)
- “A Comparison of Cunyite and Forsteriete NIR tunable laser tissue welding using native collagen fluorescence imaging”, J. of Clinical Laser Medicine & Surgery” 18, 117-123 (2000)
- “Probing thermal damage and monitoring the treatment temperature of tissues using the NIR emission wing”, G. Zhang, J. Tang, P. Ho, R. Alfano, Lasers in Life Science, 9 95-109 (2000)
- “Tissue welding using NIR forsterite and cunyite tunable lasers”, J. Tang, J. Evans. V. Petricevic, P. Ho, R. Alfano, IEEE, J of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 5 1103-1106 (1999)
- “Noninvasive two-photon-excitation imaging of tryptophan distribution in highly scattering biological tissues”, Y. Guo, P. Ho, F. Liu, R. Alfano, Optics Comm., 154 383-9 (1998)
- “Time-Resolved and Nonlinear Optical Imaging for Medical Applications, R. R. Alfano, S. G. Demos, P. Galland, S. K. Gayen, Yici Guo, P. P. Ho, X. Liang, F. Liu, L. Wang, Q. Wang, W. Wang, NY Acad. Sci. 838,14, 1998.
- “Second harmonic tomography of tissues: errata”,Y. Guo, P. Ho, H. Savage, D. Harris, P. Sacks,S. Schantz, F. Liu, N. Zhadin, R. Alfano, Optics Letters, 23 723 (1998)
- “Nonlinear vector rotation and depolarization of femtosecond laser pulses propagating in non-birefringent single-mode optical fibers”, Q.D. Liu, L. Shi, P. Ho, R. Alfano, Optical Communications, 138 pp45-48 (1997)
- “Degenerate cross-phase-modulation of femtosecond laser pulses in non-birefringent single-mode optical fibers”, Q.Liu, L. Shi, P. Ho, R. Alfano, R. Essiambre, G. Agrawal, IEEE Photonic Technology Letters, 9 1107-9 (1997)
- “Ultrafast optical pulse digitization with unary spectrally encoded cross phase modulation”, P. Ho, Q. Z. Wang, J. Chen, Q. Liu, R. Alfano, Applied Optics, 36 3425-9 (1997)
- “Second harmonic tomography of tissues”,Y. Guo, P. Ho, H. Savage, D. Harris, P. Sacks, S. Schantz, F. Liu, N. Zhadin, R. Alfano, Optics Letters, 22 1323 (1997)
- Sub-surface imaging under paints and coatings using early light spectroscopy”, R. Alfano, P. Ho, US#6,495,833 (2002)
- Remote-controllable, micro-scale device for use in vivo medical diagnosis and/or treatment”, R. Alfano, S. Alfano, Q.Wang, P. Ho, US#6240312 (2001)
- Non-linear optical tomography of turbid media”, R. Alfano, Y. Guo, F. Liu, P. Ho, US#6208886, (2001)
- System and method of fluorescence spectroscopic imaging for characterization and monitoring of tissue damage “ R. Alfano, J.Tang, P. Ho, US#6,631,289, 10/7/2003
- Gelatin based on Power-gel as solders for Cr.sup.4+laser tissue welding and sealing of lung air leak and fistulas in organs”, R. Alfano, J.Tang, J. Evans, P. Ho, US#7,033,348, 4/25/2006.