Additional Departments/Affiliated Programs
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, 1993
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 1986
Diplôme d'Ingénieur, Electrical Engineering, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris, France, 1986
Diplôme d'Ingénieur, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France, 1984
Digital Signal Processing
Mathematical analysis of data acquisition: generalized nonuniform sampling (linear but not time-invariant processing), Sigma-Delta modulation (time-invariant but not linear processing).
- D. Rzepka, M. Miśkowicz, D. Kościelnik and N. T. Thao, "Reconstruction of Signals From Level-Crossing Samples Using Implicit Information," in IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 35001-35011, 2018.
- N.T.Thao and S.Gunturk, “On the geometry and regularity of invariant sets of piecewise-affine automorphisms on the Euclidean space,” Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, 1-36. doi:10.1017/etds.2018.140.
- N.T. Thao, "Event-Based Data Acquisition and Reconstruction - Mathematical Background," in Event-Based Control and Signal Processing (M. Miskowicz, ed.), CRC/Taylor and Francis, 2015, pp.377-405.
- Y. Chen, M. Kurchuk, N.T. Thao and Y. Tsividis, "Spectral Analysis of Continuous-Time ADC and DSP," in Event-Based Control and Signal Processing (M. Miskowicz, ed.), CRC/Taylor and Francis, 2015, pp. 407-417.
- C.S.Gunturk and N.T.Thao, “Ergodic dynamics in Sigma-Delta quantization: tiling invariant sets and spectral analysis of error”, Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 34, pp. 523-560, 2005.
- N.T.Thao, “Breaking the feedback loop of a class of Sigma-Delta A/D converters”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 52, no. 12, pp.3378-3393, Dec. 2004.
- N.T.Thao, “The tiling phenomenon in ΣΔ modulation”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Part I, Vol.51, No.7, pp.1365-1378, July 2004.
- S.Gunturk and N.T.Thao, “Refined analysis of MSE in second order Sigma-Delta modulation with DC inputs”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol.50, no.5, pp.839-860, May 2004.
- V.K.Goyal, M.Vetterli and N.T.Thao, “Quantized overcomplete expansions in RN: analysis, synthesis and algorithms”, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol.44, no.1, Jan. 1998, pp.16-31.
- N.T.Thao and M.Vetterli, "Deterministic analysis of oversampled A/D conversion and decoding improvement based on consistent estimates'', IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 42, no.3, Mar. 1994, pp. 519-531.