Dates: June 22 - July 20, 2019
Click here to download the flyer.
Founded in the 11th Century, Logroño is a dynamic city in the northwest Spain. It is the capital city of the autonomous community of La Rioja, Spain's wine country, birthplace of the Spanish Language, and the site of many important medieval structures. This program is open to all students. Students will take a placement test on their first day of classes to determine their knowledge of Spanish. CCNY students will take classes with students from different Universities and countries.
- Spanish Language and Culture; 6 Credits
- Spanish Short Story of the 20th Century; 3 Credits
- Spanish Theater of the 20th and 21st Centuries; 3 Credits
Cultural excursions and workshops
- Guided excursion of the monasteries of San Millán de la Cogolla by an expert on Spanish medieval language and culture.
- Guided excursion of Logroño by an expert Historian.
- An excursion to one of the oldest wineries: Dinastía Vivanco.
- Dinner at legendary Dinastía Faustino winery.
Before you go check the helpful links below:
Center for Disease Control- Check for any travel notices. U.S. Department of State International Travel- Learn more about your destination. Consulate General of Spain- Not sure if you need a visa? Check here.
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):
- Deadline for all Application Materials: Friday, April 26, 2019
- Interview with Study Abroad: April 22 - 30, 2019
- Pre-Departure Orientation: Friday, May 2 at 12:00pm
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY - Tuition: Friday, June 7, 2019