The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is located on the 4th floor of the North Academic Center of the City College of New York. The Center is open during normal working hours throughout the semester.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) at CCNY reports to the Provost Office and conducts workshops and events for full and part-time faculty on campus. Our mission is to work with faculty in various disciplines to reflect upon and improve their teaching practice while also exploring the potential for new technologies to enhance learning.
Among the programs and services we provide include:
- Blackboard support, CUNY Academic Commons, and other technology support
- Adjunct Teaching Round Table for a semester-long cohort of part-time faculty
- Course redesign and enhancement for professors wishing to improve their Blackboard course environment and overall teaching effectiveness
- Workshops on a variety of instructional strategies to advance student learning and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Hybrid and online course development for professors wishing to convert their traditional courses to partially or fully online formats
- Workshops on the effective use of digital technologies like webinars and WordPress
- Centralized website with technology tutorials and extensive teaching and learning resources.
Over a decade ago, the Workshop Center was founded to address workshops for CCNY faculty. In 2005, the Center was renamed The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) with a broader mission including both workshops and faculty development activities. Over time, CETL’s programs expanded to include assessment, grants/research, hybrid/online, faculty dialogues, and special events.
Hundreds of faculty have taken part in our workshops and have subsequently incorporated many of the best practices into their teaching. CETL now brings a strong tradition of excellence in faculty development into the broader sphere of campus-wide training in a range of essential technologies for teaching, learning, and administration.
The staff in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) will be happy to make an appointment with you to help plan any seminars or training for faculty members.
|Bruce Rosenbloom||CETL Director||(212) email@example.com " rel="nofollow"> firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jeffrey Clapp||Video Manager||(212) email@example.com|
|Ana Marjanovic||Instructional Designer||(212) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Julia Brown||Assistant Director||(212) email@example.com|