1. Knowledge of descriptive statistics and the ability to describe real, everyday data by using the concept of sample mean and variance, correlation coefficient.
2. Knowledge of probability concepts and the ability to apply probability theory to gain insight into real problems and situations and to applications like simulation.
3. Knowledge of random variables, expectation and their use in applications.
4. Knowledge of the basic concepts in computer simulation, central limit theorem and the distribution of sample statistics.
5. Team programming project illustrating basic statistical techniques, with written and oral presentations to develop team interaction and horizontal networking critical to improve learning curve.