1. Knowledge of entity relationship data model & database design principle based on this modeling concept.
2. Knowledge of relational data model & fundamental meaning of relational algebra.
3. Knowledge of SQL to write out queries & realize data manipulations for relational databases.
4. Knowledge of utilizing major database management systems (e.g., Oracle & MySQL) to populate data instance & develop database-oriented computations.
5. Basic understanding of transaction processing & logical query language.