- Demer, M. and Mowshowitz, A. (editors).Advances in Network Complexity. Springer/ Birkhäuser, Boston, 2012.
- Peter Brass, Hyeon-Suk Na: Sensor Redundancy Check without Location Information, Information: an International Interdisciplinary Journal Vol 15(7) 2012, pages 2747--2753
- Dario Fiore, Rosario Gennaro, Nigel P. Smart: Relations between the security models for certificateless encryption and ID-based key agreement. Int. J. Inf. Sec
- I. Gladkova, M. Grossberg, G. Bonev, P. Romanov, G. Riggs, D. Hall, 2012: A full snow season in Yellowstone: A database of restored Aqua Band 6, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 553-557(pdf)
- I. Gladkova, M. Grossberg, G. Bonev, P. Romanov, F. Shahriar, 2012: Increasing the Accuracy of MODIS/Aqua Snow Product using Quantitative Image Restoration Technique, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol.9, no.4, pp.740-743 (pdf)
- I. Gladkova, M. Grossberg, F. Shahriar, G. Bonev, P. Romanov, 2012: Quantitative Restoration for MODIS Band 6 on Aqua, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol.50, no.6, pp. 2409-2416
- Nir Y. Krakauer, M. Grossberg, I.Gladkova, H.Azenman, 2013: Information Content of Seasonal Forecasts in a Changing Climate, Advances in Meteorology, Article ID 480210, 12 pages, doi:10.1155/2013/480210 (pdf)
- Mowshowitz, A. and Dehmer, M. Entropy and complexity of graphs revisited. Entropy, 14, 2012, pp. 559-570.
- Dehmer, M., Grabner, M., Mowshowitz, A., and Emmert-Streib, F. An efficient heuristic approach to detecting graph isomorphism based on combinations of highly discriminating invariants. Advances in Computational Mathematics, published online October 2012 (to appear in the journal).
- Fei Wang, Hanghang Tong, Philip S. Yu, Charu C. Aggarwal: Guest editorial: special issue on data mining technologies for computational social science. Data Min. Knowl. Discov. 25(3): 415-419 (2012)
- Jingrui He, Hanghang Tong, Jaime G. Carbonell: An effective framework for characterizing rare categories. Frontiers of Computer Science 6(2): 154-165 (2012)
- Hanghang Tong, Spiros Papadimitriou, Christos Faloutsos, Philip S. Yu, Tina Eliassi-Rad: Gateway finder in large graphs: problem definitions and fast solutions. Inf. Retr. 15(3-4): 391-411 (2012)
- Ching-Yung Lin, Lynn Wu, Zhen Wen, Hanghang Tong, Vicky Griffiths-Fisher, Lei Shi, David Lubensky: Social Network Analysis in Enterprise. Proceedings of the IEEE 100(9): 2759-2776 (2012)
- Hanghang Tong, Ching-Yung Lin: Non-negative residual matrix factorization: problem definition, fast solutions, and applications. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining 5(1): 3-15 (2012)
- U. Kang, Hanghang Tong, Jimeng Sun, Ching-Yung Lin, Christos Faloutsos: gbase: an efficient analysis platform for large graphs. VLDB J. 21(5): 637-650 (2012)
- Li G, Wei J, Li D and Ballangrud A, "Characterization of 4D Lung Ventilation Based On 4DCT Lung Density," Med Phys 39, 3680, 2012.
- Jianting Zhang.2012. A High-Performance Web-Based Information System for Publishing Large-Scale Species Range Maps in Support of Biodiversity Studies. Ecological Informatics (Elsvier). Vol 8, pp 68-77. (doi: 10.1016/j.ecoinf.2012.01.004)
- H. Tang and Z. Zhu, Content-Based 3D Mosaics for Representing Videos of Dynamic Urban Scenes,IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 22(2), 295-308, 2012. DOI:10.1109/TCSVT.2011.2178729.
- Rui Li, Nicholas Madampoulos, Zhigang Zhu, and LiangpingXie, Performance comparison of an all-fiber-based laser Doppler vibrometer for remote acoustical signal detection using short and long coherence length lasers, Applied Optics, Vol. 51, Issue 21, pp. 5011-5018 (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/AO.51.005011
Conference Papers, Proceedings, Book Chapters
- N. Fazio and I.M. Perera. "Outsider-Anonymous Broadcast Encryption with Sublinear Ciphertexts". In the 15th IACR International Conference on Practice and Theory of Public-Key Cryptography (PKC '12), pp. 225--242, Springer LNCS 7293. Darmstadt, Germany, May 2012.
- N. Fazio and I.M. Perera. "Protecting Receivers Identities in Secure Data Distribution". In the Annual Conference of International Technology Alliance (ACITA '12). Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Scott Ames, Rosario Gennaro, Muthuramakrishnan Venkitasubramaniam: The Generalized Randomized Iterate and Its Application to New Efficient Constructions of UOWHFs from Regular One-Way Functions. ASIACRYPT 2012. Lecture Notes in Computer Science no. 7658 pp. 154-171 Springer 2012<
- Dario Fiore, Rosario Gennaro: Publicly verifiable delegation of large polynomials and matrix computations, with applications. ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security 2012: 501-512
- Dana Dachman-Soled, Rosario Gennaro, Hugo Krawczyk, Tal Malkin: Computational Extractors and Pseudorandomness. TCC 2012: Lecture Notes in Computer Science no.7194 pp.383-403 Springer 2012
- I. Gladkova, J. Cross III, P. Menzel, A. Heidinger, and M. Grossberg, 2013: Statistical Reconstruction of a 13.3 micron channel for VIIRS using Multisensor Data Fusion with application to Cloud-Top Pressure Estimation, Proceedings of AMS: 29th Conference on Environmental Information Processing Technologies, TJ21.3
- Kawaguchi, A., Mowshowitz, A., Nagel, A., Toce, A., Bent, G., Stone, P., and Dantressangle, P. A model of query performance in Dynamic Distributed Federated Databases taking account of network topology. .Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Toce, A., Mowshowitz, A., Kawaguchi, A., Stone, P., Dantressangle, P., and Bent, G.HyperD: Analysis and performance evaluation of a distributed hypercube database. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Walters, M., Stone, P., Dantressangle, P., and Mowshowitz, A. Evolution of the preferential attachment topology of the Gaian Database. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Stone, P., Dantressangle, P., Bent, G., Mowshowitz, A., Toce, A., and Szymanski, B. Query execution and maintenance costs in a Dynamic Distributed Federated Database. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Stone, P., Dantressangle, P., Bent, G., Mowshowitz, A., Toce, A., and Szymanski, B. Query propagation behaviour in Gaian Database networks. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Stone, P., Mowshowitz, A., Dantressangle, P., and Bent, G. Calculation of the center-of-data in a hypercube. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Skeith, W.E., Mowshowitz, A., and Bent, G. Relaxing security requirements for computing joins on encrypted data. Annual Conference of the International Technology Alliance, Southampton, UK, September 2012.
- Yuan Yao, Hanghang Tong, Feng Xu, Jian Lu: Subgraph Extraction for Trust Inference in Social Networks. ASONAM 2012: 163-170
- Duen Horng Chau, Leman Akoglu, Jilles Vreeken, Hanghang Tong, Christos Faloutsos: Interactively and Visually Exploring Tours of Marked Nodes in Large Graphs. ASONAM 2012: 696-698
- Hanghang Tong, B. Aditya Prakash, Tina Eliassi-Rad, Michalis Faloutsos, Christos Faloutsos: Gelling, and melting, large graphs by edge manipulation. CIKM 2012: 245-254
- Leman Akoglu, Hanghang Tong, Jilles Vreeken, Christos Faloutsos: Fast and reliable anomaly detection in categorical data. CIKM 2012: 415-424
- Haibing Lu, Yuan Hong, W. Nick Street, Fei Wang, Hanghang Tong: Overlapping Clustering with Sparseness Constraints. ICDM Workshops 2012: 486-494
- Parikshit Sondhi, Jimeng Sun, Hanghang Tong, ChengXiang Zhai: SympGraph: a framework for mining clinical notes through symptom relation graphs. KDD 2012: 1167-1175
- Keith Henderson, Brian Gallagher, Tina Eliassi-Rad, Hanghang Tong, Sugato Basu, Leman Akoglu, Danai Koutra, Christos Faloutsos, Lei Li: RolX: structural role extraction & mining in large graphs. KDD 2012: 1231-1239
- Duen Horng Chau, Leman Akoglu, Jilles Vreeken, Hanghang Tong, Christos Faloutsos: TourViz: interactive visualization of connection pathways in large graphs. KDD 2012: 1516-1519
- Jingrui He, Hanghang Tong, Qiaozhu Mei, Boleslaw K. Szymanski: GenDeR: A Generic Diversified Ranking Algorithm. NIPS 2012: 1151-1159
- Deqing Yang, Yanghua Xiao, Bo Xu, Hanghang Tong, Wei Wang, Sheng Huang: Which Topic Will You Follow? ECML/PKDD (2) 2012: 597-612
- Leman Akoglu, Hanghang Tong, Brendan Meeder, Christos Faloutsos: PICS: Parameter-free Identification of Cohesive Subgroups in Large Attributed Graphs. SDM 2012: 439-450
- U. Kang, Hanghang Tong, Jimeng Sun: Fast Random Walk Graph Kernel. SDM 2012: 828-838
- Yuan Yao, Hanghang Tong, Xifeng Yan, Feng Xu, Jian Lu: MaTrust: An Effective Multi-Aspect Trust Inference Model. CoRR abs/1211.2041 (2012)
- Wei J and Li G, "Quantification of motion artifacts in 4DCT using Global Fourier Analysis," IEEE Signal Processing in Medicine and Biology Symposium, 2012.
- Jianting Zhang, Simin You and Le Gruenwald. 2012. High-Performance Online Spatial and Temporal Aggregations on Multi-core CPUs and Many-Core GPUs. Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Workshop on Data Warehousing and OLAP, DOLAP. (doi: 10.1145/2390045.2390060)
- Jianting Zhang. 2012. A practical approach to developing a web-based geospatial workflow composition and execution system. Proceedings of Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computing for Geospatial Research and Applications Conference (COM.Geo), Article #21. (10.1145/2345316.2345341)
- Simin You and Jianting Zhang. 2012. Constructing natural neighbor interpolation based grid DEM using CUDA. Proceedings of Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Computing for Geospatial Research and Applications Conference (COM.Geo), Article #28. (doi: 10.1145/2345316.2345349)
- Jianting Zhang, Hongmian Gong, Camille Kamga, Le Gruenwald.2012. U2SOD-DB: Design of an Efficient Database System to Manage Large-Scale Ubiquitous Urban Sensing Origin-Destination Data. Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Urban Computing (UrbComp),163-171 (doi:. 10.1145/2346496.2346522).
- Jianting Zhang. 2012. Smarter outlier detection and deeper understanding of large-scale taxi trip records: a case study of NYC. Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Urban Computing (UrbComp),157-162 (doi: 10.1145/2346496.2346521).
- Jianting Zhang, Simin You and Le Gruenwald. 2012. U2STRA: high-performance data management of ubiquitous urban sensing trajectories on GPGPUs. Proceedings of the 2012 ACM workshop on City data management workshop (CDMW), 5-12. (doi: 10.1145/2390226.2390229).
- Jianting Zhang and Simin You. 2012. Speeding up Large-Scale Point-in-Polygon Test Based Spatial Join on GPUs. Proceedings of ACM International Workshop on Analytics for Big Geospatial Data (BigSpatial).
- Jianting Zhang and Simin You. 2012. CudaGIS: Report on the Design and Realization of a Massive Data Parallel GIS on GPUs. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Workshop on GeoStreaming (IWGS).
- T. Wang &Z. Zhu, Multimodal and Multi-task Audio-Visual Vehicle Detection and Classification, 2012 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance (AVSS 2012), Beijing, 18-21 September 2012
- Wai L. Khoo, Eric L. Seidel and Zhigang Zhu, Evaluating Multimodal Sensing in Virtual Environment for Assisting the Visually Impaired, the 13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), July 11-13, 2012, Linz, Austria.
- Edgardo Molina, Zhigang Zhu, YingLiTian, Visual Nouns for Indoor/Outdoor Navigation, the 13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), July 11-13, 2012, Linz, Austria.
- Hao Tang, Zhigang Zhu, A Segmentation-based Stereovision Approach for Assisting Visually Impaired People, the 13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), July 11-13, 2012, Linz, Austria.
- Frank Palmer, Zhigang Zhu, Tony Ro, Wearable Range-Vibrotactile Field: Design and Evaluation, the 13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), July 11-13, 2012, Linz, Austria.
- Atif Khan, Juan Lopez, Febin Moideen, Wai L. Khoo and Zhigang Zhu, KinDectect: Kinect Detecting Objects, the 13th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), July 11-13, 2012, Linz, Austria.
- Wang T. & Zhu, Z., Real time vehicle detection and reconstruction for improving classification, IEEE Computer Society's Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), January 9-11, 2012, Colorad