Requirements for Admission to the Data Science and Engineering (DSE) Program
- A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Science or Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum 3.0 / "B" grade average
- General requirements include:
- Two semesters of Calculus (preferably 3, including Vector Calculus)
- Probability and Statistics (preferably 2 semesters)
- Linear Algebra
- Programming course (preferred knowledge of Python)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, preferably from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- GRE scores are optional
Applicants with degrees in other fields may qualify for admission to the program, depending on their experience and academic background.
Students with baccalaureate degrees from non-English-speaking countries must submit TOEFL / IELTS scores - minimum 533 (PBT), 73 (IBT) or 6.
Admissions for Fall 2019 are closed and we do not accept non-degree admissision.
Deadline Janury 30th 2020 for Fall 2020.
Master's Degree Application Process:
Prospective Master's degree students must complete The City College of New York application process.
Important Note to Applicants:
Applicants are encouraged to identify CCNY DSE mentors in a domain of their interest. Evidence of a potential match will be considered during admission. Be sure to include domain interest and any communication with a potential CCNY mentor in your personal statement.