Software & Site Licenses
Software & Site Licenses
Software at CCNY
Software Site Licensing is managed through the IT Business Services (ITBS) unit. The software and distribution terms are determined by the Software Site Licenses acquired by CCNY and CUNY. Any policies or restrictions are stated under the Software Site License.
City College and CUNY offer a select group of software programs with restrictions for both on-campus and off-campus use. Specific software titles are available to faculty, staff, and students at no additional charge for installation on their office computer. Other titles may be free or can be purchased at highly reduced rates through the CUNY Portal at the E-Mall. A smaller subset of this software can be installed on a faculty, staff, and/or student home computer.
Below is a list of no-nonsense software policies all users must abide by. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Job in Site Licensing>>
About Software and Site Licenses
- Please Read Software Policies and Disclaimer
- Listing of Products
- Information and usage rules of available at City College
- Available Software For Faculty & Staff:
- Information, usage rules for software and availability of software.
- Plus a listing of approved vendors of products for Educational purchases
- Available Software For Students:
- Information, usage rules for software and availability of and access to software
- How to Order Adobe Software
- Procedure for Installing Software on Office Computers
- Procedure for Installing Software on Home Computers
- Software at CCNY Information Request
All users at City College using any campus computing resources are required to abide by rules and policies set forth by CUNY, CCNY and each respective department or center
Please revisit this page for updates of Software Site Licensing information
Software programs that do not require purchase can be installed on any college-issued computer simply by submitting a request to the Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org; or by calling ext. 7878).
Software programs that require purchase must follow normal procurement procedures. All purchases for on-campus use are made by the requester using departmental budget funds. Procurement procedures, such as submitting authorized purchase requisitions through appropriate channels, are the sole responsibility of the requester. Vendor bids may be requested by using the Software Information Form.
How to Order Adobe Software:
CUNY currently has a site license with Adobe for the Design Premium and Master Suite applications. Faculty and staff can request installation of the Master Suite on their office computers by contacting the central OIT Service Desk (212.650.7878) and scheduling an appointment with a technician. Adobe Design Premium is installed on all campus lab computers for student access. There are no home-use licenses available for any Adobe products.
How to Order Apple Software:
If you intend to order an Apple software title, a quote can be acquired online through the Apple Store for Education.
Procedures for Installing Software on Office Computers:
Please call or email the central OIT Service Desk and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Your office location
- The title of the software package
A work order will be created then an appointment will be scheduled for an OIT technician to install the software on your office computer.
Procedures for Installing Software on Home Computers:
Log into the CUNY eMall to download available software.
Below is a list of no-nonsense software policies all users must abide by. If you have any questions, please contact the Site Licensing Coordinators using this e-mail >> email@example.com.
- All software is owned solely by the company that created or acquired it.
- Users must abide by the terms of the agreement of use issued by the software company.
- Users are not allowed to make copies of the software, either in its entirety or selected parts of the software.
- A software license does not confer ownership of the software, only the right to install it on a given computer.
City College can not be held accountable for any damage, loss of data or time spent due to any software whether installed by our technician or yourself. Our technicians, however, will try to restore the computer to its prior or original state. It is recommended that you perform a full system back-up or at least your important data to an external device such as a USB flash drive.
Please revisit this page for updates of Software Site Licensing information.
Site Licensing Coordinators:
Kent Eng (212-650-6524)
Otto Marte (212-650-6190)
Karen Pratt (212-650-7009)
North Academic Center
160 Convent Avenue
New York , NY 10031