There have been some changes to CUNY’s quarantine and isolation policies that I would like to share as it pertains to classroom exposures.
If a faculty member tests positive:
- if possible (meaning you are physically well enough) move your class temporarily to the online modality.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your status and include your full name and EMPLID.
- Notify your chair and your class of the temporary modality change and send an email to email@example.com . If you cannot teach, notify your chair immediately
- Follow isolation directions from Human Resources
If a student tests positive:
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of the student’s status, the specifics regarding your class (including section and schedule), the EMPLID of the student.
- As long as the instructor is fully vaccinated, the class can continue in person. If the instructor is not vaccinated, the class should be moved to the online modality for 10 days.
- Students who are not vaccinated due to an exemption will be notified by the student nurse to quarantine.
- All other students will be informed that they have potentially been exposed but as long as they are fully vaccinated, the can continue to come to class, fully masked, unless experiencing COVID symptoms.
All faculty and students should stay home if they are feeling sick. Please do not risk your class to infection.
Vice President of Operations
Chief Information Officer
The City College of New York
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031