International Service-Learning Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Program Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Dates: TBD 2020
Click here to download flyer.
Port Elizabeth is an excellent destination for studying abroad! Situated along the blazing orange sunsets of the Eastern Cape, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University offers community service learning, course work in environmental studies, and a program exploring the political landscape of South Africa.
NMMU Office of International Education offers international students the opportunity to work in various disadvantaged communities. This is done as part of a community-service study module during time spent at NMMU.
- Environmental- 6 credits
Or select any 2 of the following courses:
- Community Service Learning- 3 credits
- Conflict Management & Transformation- 3 credits
- Human Rights- 3 credits
- South African History, Culture & Language- 3 credits
*For more information on the program details, please click here.
Before you go check the helpful links below:
Important Dates (mandatory meetings):
- Deadline for all Application Materials: TBD 2020
- Interview with Study Abroad: TBD 2020
- Mandatory Meetings/ Pre-Departure Orientation: TBD
- Deadline for payment of Program costs and CUNY-Tuition: TBD 2020
Application Fee: $300.00
CCNY Tuition: 6 Credits
*Program Cost: $2,000
Airfare: $1,400 (Estimated)
*Program cost includes off-campus accommodations and program-related excursions. Airfare and meals are not included.
This video was made by Kelsi Wermuth of University of Louisville and Brooke Matson of California Polytechnic State University and shared by Bianka Scott.