The Programs in Bilingual Education and TESOL
in the School of Education prepare teachers for service in a culturally and linguistically diverse society, with the goal of developing and supporting proficiency and literacy in students' home languages and in additional languages.
- Bilingual Childhood Education (Grades 1-6)
- Bilingual Childhood Education*
- Bilingual Education*
- Bilingual Extension*
(pairs with another certification)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
*Bilingual Programs are generally offered for Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Haitian Creole. Please check with the program director regarding bilingual programs in other languages, especially Arabic, Bengali, French, Hebrew, Korean, Russian, and Yiddish.
Reminder to current students: Please be sure we have your current email address so that we can stay in contact with you. Click here to send us email address changes.
- CUNY - Initiative on Immigration and Education (CUNY-IIE)
CUNY-IIE is a New York State Education Department (NYSED) funded project that connects educators, researchers, youth, families, and community leaders to learn about current immigration issues, act in ways that center our collective humanity, and advocate for equitable policies for all people regardless of immigration status.
- Multilingual Learner Project (MLP)
MLP is a five-year professional development grant funded by the US Department of Education. It is a collaboration between The City College of New York and New Visions for Public Schools to prepare high school teachers to support the academic and socioemotional needs of Multilingual Learners. MLP provides content teachers with a unique opportunity to earn a New York State certification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), free of charge.
UPCOMING DATES, NEWS & EVENTS:
- Deadline for Summer/Fall 2021 Admission Applications: March 15, 2021
- View our information session presentation
- CCNY's Programs in Bilingual Education & TESOL was ranked in the top 10 nationally for granting degrees to Latinx students!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instragram