If you are already familiar with the Multimedia Center procedures you can reserve equipment via the ONLINE RESERVATION FORM AFTER checking the availability in the schedule. If not, please read the information below first.
|Available Workshops||Information about Software in the computer rooms.||Information about Hardware in the computer rooms.||
||Description of Recording Equipment|
It is important that you familiarize yourself with the Multimedia Center Policies!
Come to the Multimedia Center during open lab hours (posted on the door and on this site), fill out the electronic attendance and enjoy your work time. Sometimes class sessions are scheduled in the Multimedia Center. During scheduled class sessions you will not be able to use the room which is reserved.
If you are a student of the School of Education, with a valid CCNY student ID, you can borrow iPads, iPods, digital cameras and camcorders as well as tripods for up to two weeks to document your teaching and learning on and off-campus. Priority will be given to students in research courses that require recorded interviews and students who need devices to record their student teaching. You have to reserve the equipment online at least a week in advance. In the unlikely event that you need to extend a reservation, you need to apply again via the online reservation form to extend your reservation at least four days BEFORE your current reservation ends. You will need to put in the notes why you need to extend your reservation. In case of unforeseen events where you need the equipment sooner than within seven days, please contact Doris Grasserbauer via phone or email email@example.com in addition to reserving online. Should you need to change your reservation, please notify us via the online reservation form (change date/time, cancel).
Steps to borrow equipment:
Reserve, at least a week in advance, what you would like to borrow after checking the schedule. Make sure that you fill out the exact time and date you will pick up and return the equipment. In case of unforeseen events where you need the equipment sooner than within seven days, please contact Doris Grasserbauer via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to reserving online. You can reserve equipment for maximal two weeks. Incomplete reservations will not be processed.
- After submitting your reservation, you will receive an email either confirming the reservation or explaining the availability, but only if you submitted all necessary information.
- With your valid CCNY ID, you can pick up the equipment from North Academic Center, Room 4/221 at the agreed pick up date and time. If you do not pick up the equipment within 24 hours of your reservation (the time you agreed to pick it up), your reservation will be canceled. You can only pick up the equipment you reserved through our online system.
- Return the equipment to North Academic Center, Room 4/221 at the agreed return date and time. Failure to do so will prevent you from borrowing equipment for the rest of the semester.
- Should you need to change your reservation, please notify us via the online reservation form (change of date and/or time, cancel). If you need additional equipment, please fill out the online reservation form again. Try to avoid changes since that particular equipment might be already reserved by others.
- Extending your reservation: You can only extend your reservation if the equipment is not reserved by someone else. To be considered for an extension, you have to contact us via the online reservation form at least four business days in advance. On the scheduled return date, you have to come to the Multimedia Center and present the equipment. At that time we might grant you an extension of the reservation. If you already reserved equipment for two weeks, you cannot extend your reservation.