Services we offer related to filming in the classroom:
- borrow equipment
- advice on recording issues (visual, audio, etc.)
- download the footage from the recording device
- cut the video
- compress the video
- upload to TaskStream
Reserve Resources: Student - Faculty/Staff - Schedule
|Available Workshops||Information about Software in the computer rooms.||Information about Hardware in the computer rooms.||
||Description of Recording Equipment|
- CuteCUT Tutorial (about 4 minutes)
The following Handouts are available in the Multimedia Center:
- The Multimedia Center of the School of Education (1 page)
- The Video Component of edTPA PowerPoint presentation (5 pages)
- iMovie Tutorial: Editing Footage in the Multimedia Center (4 pages)
- Editing Videos in Adobe Premiere (9 pages) - Version: 2015 or 2017
- How can I find my relevant clips the most efficient way? (1 page)
- Search the Internet (4 pages)
- Research with the Internet (1 page)
- Introduction to Computers (4 pages)
- TaskStream Information
- Video editing:
- WonderHowTo - iMovie: if you wonder how you could accomplish different tasks in different versions of iMovie you might find a video tutorial on this page.
- Internet Security Book for Kids, Teens, and Adults: Own Your Space by Linda McCarthy
- Online Dictionary for computer terms.
- TaskStream Information
- Search engines:
- Educational search engines:
- Ask ERIC - the Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Search engines designed for children:
- KidsClick - web search for children made by librarians.
- Yahooligans - search engine for children by Yahoo.com.
- Evaluating website information:
- Evaluating Web Sites by Lesley University Library
- Checklist for Evaluating Web Resources by the USM Libraries
- Critically Analyzing Information Sources by Cornell University Library
- Acceptable Use Policies by Virginia Department of Education, Division of Technology - their meaning and example policies.
- W3 Schools.com - tutorials on different web scripting languages from beginner to advance levels.
- Mac Viruses, Malware, Spyware, etc.
- Online Writing Lab - handouts for teachers and students. Topics:
General Writing Concerns (Planning/Writing/Revising/Genres), Research and Documenting Sources, Punctuation, Spelling and Capitalization, etc.
- All about MLA, APA, Chicago, etc. Citation Styles for websites, email messages, and other web resources.
- Columbia University Citation Guide: Citing Electronic Resources
- CCNY and CUNY Resources - the City College directory of campus libraries.
- Schoenberg Center for Electronic Text and Image - special Collections Library to provide the scholarly community with web access to virtual facsimiles of original texts, documents, and sources from Penn's collections.
- The United States Library of Congress - the Library preserves a collection of nearly 121 million items, more than two-thirds of which are in media other than books. These include the largest map, film, and television collections in the world.
- Project Gutenberg - free online books.
- SearchBiblio.com - find used, rare, and out-of-print books.
- How to get started with Wikis
- Taking a Walk on the Wiki Side : Campus Technology by Brian Lamb
- Main Articles: 'Making the Case for a Wiki', Ariadne Issue 42 by Emma Tonkin
- Open Course Collaboratories? - In virutal communities, teachers help teachers to use Web technology to improve their teaching. They discuss how to develop evaluate and use open, non-proprietary learning objects in their discipline.
- Build your own Wiki - PB Wiki - Free Collaborative Editing & Publishing
- Find the best suitable Wiki for you - WikiMatrix
- How to get started with ePortfolios:
- Electronic Portfolio Articles
- My Electronic Portfolio for Kintergarden 2000-2001, Victoria Barrett
- Electronic Portfolios from Discovery Middle School
- Helen Barrett - Technology & Assessment
- ePortfolios the CCNY School of Education used in the past
- Kid Info - homework help, reference resources, fun sites for students, teachers and parents.
- Edutopia - George Lucas Educational Foundation
- Instructional Technology Online Resources from Philadelphia University
Last Updated: 04/06/2022 11:09