The Office of Information Technology (OIT) takes care of all technology and communications for City College. It is our job to support the entire college community in achieving excellence in learning, teaching, research and administrative services.
For students, in addition to providing information technology resources, we are here to help if you have problems accessing technology services such as Citymail, CUNY Portal, BlackBoard, and the Wi-Fi.
The cITy TECH Center provides over 300 workstations where students can work on assignments, check e-mail, and use software packages needed for class.
Digital Security on Campus
Identity crime is the fastest growing crime in the US. Internet-enabled devices are under constant threat. We take your IT security very seriously and so should you. All staff, faculty and students are encouraged to take this 30-minute security awareness program, which can be found here. If you have trouble logging in, please call 212.650.7878
Meanwhile please follow these important basic safety tips:
- Install the free McAfee VirusScan available from the CUNYMall
The college has acquired a license, which entitles all faculty, staff and students to download and install one copy of McAfee VirusScan for personal use from the CUNYMall. This software suite provides enhanced, up-to-date security protection from highly sophisticated malware attacks.
- Always remember to log out of your CUNYPortal and e-mail account
- Use strong passwords of at least 12 characters, with at least one symbol and one CAPITAL letter
- Don’t use the same password for all your separate accounts
- Never download or click on links in e-mails from anybody you don’t recognize
- Report suspicious e-mail activity to ITSecurity@ccny.cuny.edu
Contact cITy TECH Center
cITy Tech Center and Service Desk
North Academic Center
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031