Payroll FAQ

1. What is the CCNY Federal Identification Number (FIN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN)?

The FIN or EIN number is 133893536 

2. What are the maximum allowances I can claim on IT-2104 (State) tax forms?

You may claim 14 allowances on the IT-2104 tax form.  If you choose to claim maximum allowances on your IT-2104 tax form you may owe taxes when you file your tax return.  

3. How do I change my personal information in the Human Resources and Payroll Databases?

To change personal information such as home address, please log into your CUNYfirst account at:  and follow the steps below:

Select A) HR/Campus Solutions B) Self Service C) Home & Mailing Address D) Select Address to Change, Edit, and Save

4. Do Non- New York City residents working at CCNY have to pay New York City taxes?

You do not have to pay New York City taxes however you must pay New York State taxes because you are an employee of the state.


5. What happens if I lost my paycheck?

In the event you lost your paycheck please let the Payroll Office know immediately.  The receptionist at the Payroll Office will submit a Stop Payment and Reissue Check Form to the state, on your behalf.  This process may take between 4-6 weeks.  

7. How long does it take to make a change to my direct deposit information?

Direct Deposit changes will take effect 2-3 pay periods after a new Direct Deposit form with all fields properly completed has been submitted to the Payroll Office- Shepard Hall, room 92. 

8. When changing or closing my direct deposit bank account who should I contact first, my bank or CCNY Payroll Services?

We advise employees to close their direct deposit account with the Payroll Department first to avoid the check being kicked back to the State.


Last Updated: 11/15/2022 15:34