International Students

Are you an International Applicant?

International students are those who have completed any part of their secondary or post-secondary education outside the United States and/or require a student (F-1) visa. International students must submit an appropriate freshman or transfer application, along with official certificates, detailed transcripts, and translations (if necessary).

Applicants whose native language is not English and who hold a temporary visa are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Information about the TOEFL can be obtained by writing to: Test of English as a Foreign Language, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 or by visiting . about the IELTS can be found at


Home Country Assistance

Education USA logo For further assistance with the application process and information specific to your country, please contact your local U.S. Embassy/U.S. Consulate/Office of Public Affairs for referral to an overseas educational advising center near you, or consult the list available on the U.S. Department of State’s website at

Last Updated: 11/09/2021 17:16