- This semester you will need to go to your divisional advisor for a ‘grad check’ to ensure that all the general education requirements have been met. The divisional adviser will request a grad check from your major department and ensures that your DegreeWorks audit is all clear for graduation. All this goes to the Registrar so that you can be certified for graduation in your last semester.
- Make sure that any INCs or FINs are corrected before you file for graduation (November deadline for January/February graduation, March deadline for May graduation – check the academic calendar). Make sure that any study abroad or e-permit grades are posted on your City College transcript.
- Make sure you apply to graduate on CUNYFirst by the deadline. Your advisor can see if your application went through.
- If you have a 3.9 or better, with no incompletes or withdrawals, you will be contacted with the opportunity to apply to be the Valedictorian.*
- If your schedule permits, include some fun classes.
- If you have not applied for graduation last semeser then apply on CUNYFirst by the deadline set on the academic calendar.
- If you are planning to go to graduate school right away you should be finishing up your personal statements and studying for the appropriate exams now.
- You should have your recommendations lined up.
- If you are applying for fellowships to support yourself in graduate school, the applications are due at various points during this semester. Keep aware of deadlines and work thoughtfully with the National Scholarships Coordinator.
* Latin Honors (Just FYI):
- 3.8+ Summa Cum Laude
- 3.5 – 3.79 Magna Cum Laude
- 3.2 – 3.49 Cum Laude