You will enter City College as a freshman or a transfer student. Either way please read through and refer to the advising syllabus to ensure that you have taken advantage of opportunities and meet milestones on your academic journey.
Before You Get to City College:
When you commit to CCNY you will have a lot of things to take care of.
- After you have confirmed your intention to enroll at CCNY you will need to pay your commitment deposit.
- Make sure that City College is your school on your FAFSA and TAP Application. If you need help with anything like that, contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Take your math placement exam (this is especially important if you intend to major in Engineering, as you will not be accepted into Engineering until you place into Calculus 1).
- You will need to submit your Immunization and Meningitis forms. If you are having trouble with this, please contact the Health and Safety Services.
- Please note that if you are admitted into a special program such as SEEK, SSSP, Honors Program or Macaulay, you may have additional things to do.
Registration Day and After
After all your pre-attendance items are taken care of, you will be able to sign up for an Academic Planning Day – during which you will be able to make an appointment to see an Academic Advisor to help you to register.
- If you need to attend a summer program to boost your math placement or to get involved and oriented to school you will be assisted in doing so.
- After you are registered, you will be invited to an on-line Orientation.
- Paying Your Bill is your responsibility. Please be on top of that! If you need a payment plan, you may see the Bursar to arrange that.
- On your Academic Planning Day you can get your ID picture taken in NA 1/205