Undergraduate students interested in the Childhood Education Program (grades 1 – 6) must apply for admission to the School of Education through the Office of Student Services (NAC 3/223A). Please come for advisement and we will help guide you through this process.
The criteria for admission are:
- submit application
- GPA 2.5 or higher
Students must have a City College grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Completion of 45 credits or more
Students must complete twelve of these credits at CCNY with at least three credits in a required education course within the Childhood Undergraduate Education Program (EDCE 20000, EDCE 20600 and/or EDUC 22100).
- School of Education Admissions Test (S.E.A.T.)
Students must pass the S.E.A.T. administered by the School of Education.
- Interview and Essay
Students must pass both an interview and an in-house essay designed by the program faculty.
To apply to a graduate program in the Childhood Education Department students should submit a complete admissions application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Applications are due March 15 for admission in the fall semester, and October 15 for admission in the Spring semester. Students who miss the application deadline may register as non-matriculated student and take up to 9 credits (contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for an application).
The following items are required as part of the admissions process:
- Completed admissions application and application fee.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework. For transcripts from non-English-speaking universities, original transcripts as well as an official English translation must be submitted.
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 professional recommendations)
- After the admissions deadline, applicants will be contacted to come in for an in-person group interview and to take an on-site admissions essay.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants with grade point averages below 3.0 must include an explanation for their academic performance in the personal statement.
For more information, please consult the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Last Updated: 04/29/2022 14:20