To apply to a graduate program in the Childhood Education Department students should submit a complete admissions application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Applications are due March 15 for admission in the fall semester, and October 15 for admission in the Spring semester. Students who miss the application deadline may register as non-matriculated student and take up to 9 credits (contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for an application).
The following items are required as part of the admissions process:
- Completed admissions application and application fee.
- Completed New York State liberal arts requirements form. (Part of the application).
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework. For transcripts from non-English-speaking universities, original transcripts as well as an official English translation must be submitted.
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 professional recommendations)
- Submit score report of the GRE General Test. If your test date is past the application deadline, we invite you to instead submit the Confirmation of Registration for the GRE until your official score report is received.
- After the admissions deadline, applicants will be contacted to come in for an in-person group interview and to take an on-site admissions essay.
- IMPORTANT: Applicants with grade point averages below 3.0 must include an explanation for their academic performance in the personal statement.
For more information, please consult the Office of Graduate Admissions.