The Graduate Childhood Education Program and Framework
The Graduate Childhood Education Program includes five Paths or Tracks that are built upon a faculty-generated Conceptual Framework, which states:
Our mission is to prepare knowledgeable, reflective, and caring educators who are qualified and committed to teaching and leading in diverse communities.
The School of Education's Conceptual Framework includes the following themes and dispositions:
- Developing in-depth knowledge about the world
- Becoming skillful, reflective practitioners
- Educating for and about diversity
- Nurturing leadership for learning
- Building caring communities
- Dispositions (e.g., believing that all students can learn, treating students fairly, in a caring environment, with ethics and values, where differences are respected).