Welcome to the City College School of Education (SoE)! We are delighted our school is among your choices for enhancing and expanding your professional portfolio in teaching and leadership fields.
The School of Education offers a wide range of programs leading to Baccalaureate degrees, Master's degrees, Advanced Certificates as well as master classes leading to micro-credentialing and/or professional extensions or classes for professional development.
The School of Education Office of Admissions & Student Services (OASS), located in North Academic Center, Room 3/223A, is the central service center of the School of Education dedicated to providing support to both graduate and undergraduate candidates.
We invite you to peruse our website.
Please call us at (212) 650-5316/6296 or email us email@example.com if you need additional information or have questions.
Assistant Dean of Enrollment and Student Services
- Application Deadlines: Spring - October 15th, Fall - March 15th
- APPLICATION FEE WAIVERS for Fall 2023:
The Office of the CUNY Dean for Education will sponsor the graduate application fee ($75) for prospective graduate applicants applying to the following programs:
- M.S. in Mathematics Education - Grades 5 - 9 - Initial Certification
- MA in Mathematics Education - Grades 7 – 12 Initial Certification
Be a catalyst for social justice - Make an impact - Teach - Lead
Graduate Information Sessions
Spring 2024 & Fall 2024 Admissions Cycles
The Graduate Admissions team, invites you to attend one of our FA 23 (virtual) sessions on admissions requirements leading to advanced certificates or master's degrees as well as learn some pro tips for submitting a strong application.
Come also for a review of initial and professional certification requirements.
Important: For programs leading to initial certification, note that you do not need to have completed a prior degree in Education-the track is designed for prospective applicants with no experience or coursework in Education who are shifting to a career as an educator.
September 20th at 4pm:
SoE Program-Specific Information Sessions:
- Educational Theatre & Art Education
- Bilingual/TESOL Education
Thursday, September 21 from 5-6pm.
Meeting Registration - Zoom
10/3/23 from 4:30pm-6pm for the CCNY Virtual Open House: School of Education Showcase.
Graduate Studies | The City College of New York (cuny.edu)
The School of Education offers program in Art Education, Bilingual Education & TESOL, Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Theatre, English Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education, Spanish Education, and Special Education, leading to Master's degrees, Advanced Certificates as well as master classes leading to micro-credentialing and/or professional extensions or classes for professional development.
The School of Education Graduate Division will accept non-degree students who seek professional growth. Taking one or a series of courses to improve teaching skills and to keep up with new developments in the candidates' area of teaching is encouraged by the College.
The School of Education may also allow degree and/or certification seeking candidates to take up to nine credits as non–degree students. If such candidates are formally accepted, the program director will decide whether any of the credits taken as a non–degree student may be applied toward the program requirements.
- Those who wish to attend as non–degree students may only be admitted to courses for which they are qualified. Such candidates must file online for admission as a non–degree student.
- Candidates must also present student copies of transcripts or other credentials proving graduation from an accredited institution at that time.
- Advisors in each of the several teaching and service fields are available for consultation at registration and during the regular semesters.
- Non-degree students must follow the regular rules for registration and course requirements, including prerequisites.
We invite you to contact the Office of Admissions & Student Services if you have additional questions.
Last Updated: 09/20/2023 15:12