Eligibility Requirements for ALL Emergency Grants
- Students must not owe tuition to the City College of New York
- Students must be matriculated with a minimum GPA of 2.00 for undergraduate students and a GPA of 3.00 for graduate students
- Students must be matriculated and be in good academic standing
- Students must have a record of good conduct
- Students must have a current emergency need
The Emergency Grants Program provides assistance to students facing unforeseen events resulting in a financial emergency that jeopardizes their ability to stay in school.
The Emergency Grants Program does not fund educational expenses that are known ahead of time such as tuition, fees, supplies or books, with the exception of books and supplies that have been stolen or destroyed.
Support for The Emergency Grants program is provided by:
Marjorie & Theodore Charron
Carroll & Milton Petrie
Maximum Award: $1,500.00
- Loss of childcare services
- Homelessness due to loss of housing for student(applicant) and dependents
- Recent and temporary job loss
- Overdue bills (medical bills, utility, rent, etc.)
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids, major dental surgeries, or durable medical equipment
- Travel home for illness or death in the immediate family
- Winter coat or interview suit
- Money to purchase groceries
- Monthly Unlimited Metrocards
- Theft of computer, books, clothing, or other essential belongings
Where to apply:
All applications are submitted through the link below only. Please note the last to apply is May 7, 2019 for the Spring Semester.
All grants are subject to review based on documentation and verification to support your application.
Final decisions are made by the Emergency Grant Committee.
For questions and more information, please visit the Division of Student Affairs on the second floor of the Administration Building inside suite 204.
The office is open Monday - Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Students can reach us at (212) 650-5426, or by email at email@example.com with any questions.