CCNY Digital Signage supports effective messaging to our campus community by visually broadcasting pertinent information about campus events, notices, and more. Contact Academic Technology Services ( ATS@ccny.cuny.edu ) for consultation on purchasing a digital signage display system.
Faculty and staff can send requests from a CCNY email address (@ccny.cuny.edu) to DigitalSignage@ccny.cuny.edu along with the following information:
- Requests should be sent at least two weeks in advance of posting start date.
- Include content files as an attachment or link to the shared file
- Acceptable content image file formats: PDF, JPG, or PNG
- Acceptable content video file formats: MP4
- Click here or here to visit a website to convert your video file to MP4 format.
- Acceptable content video length: up to 15 seconds per file
- Do not send Word (doc, docx), Powerpoint files (ppt, pptx), or text files (txt, rtf), or any other file format other than those that are indicated as acceptable on this webpage. Convert or export to an acceptable file format instead.
- Indicated acceptable file formats are best for image quality, file size, and compatibility.
- Copy (CC) your department executive administrator (such as Dean, AVP or higher up) on the email request as a method of implied authorization.
- Contact Name (person submitting request) and Contact email address (@ccny.cuny.edu)
- Department or Office Name
- Location and Duration of Content Rotation
- Location: Indicate if content should display at specific locations or campus-wide (see list below).
- Start Date: of Slide: mm/dd/yyyy
- End Date: of Slide: mm/dd/yyyy
Content Image Dimensions
- Displays in landscape, (horizontal) (H), orientation:
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels (or 3840 x 2160 pixels for displays indicated as 4K)
- Displays in portrait, (vertical) (V), orientation:
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Acceptable content for digital signage includes campus events, activities and notices.
- Each slide displays for 15 - 30 seconds.
- Keep your message simple, it will be easy for viewers to read and remember.
- Guide for using Powerpoint to create your slide.
- Download DigiSign Templates in PowerPoint (Download 2 files: 58.3KB .ZIP)
Last Updated: 02/06/2023 17:06