Protect yourself and the CCNY community as a whole by following the Secure Computing Practices outlined below.
- Use software which provides anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protection. Check to see that these tools are running and are regularly updated.
- Use software products that are currently supported by their publisher and keep them updated with security patches.
- Physically secure your computer by using security cables and locking building/office doors and windows.
- Use secure passwords that cannot be easily guessed and do not share your password.
If your job responsibilities require access to confidential information:
- Delete unneeded files containing personal identifiers.
- Eliminate any programs or files which are for personal use from work stations where confidential information resides or is accessible.
- Storage devices (hard disks, tape, diskette, CDs, DVDs, cell phones, digital copiers, etc.) that contain confidential information must be securely overwritten or physically destroyed in a manner that prevents unauthorized disclosure.
Last Updated: 12/06/2019 11:31