ABOUT IT SECURITY
We must keep our information and information systems secure. This not only requires technology, protocols, and tools, but your awareness of the issues involved and attention to established and proven principles. Security breaches may lead to loss of reputation, identity theft, legal damages, and the degradation of systems we all share.
Our students and staff trust us with their personal information. The Information Security Office (ISO) must protect it against malicious and gratuitous attacks from outside as well as our own internal missteps. Our staff, especially those who handle sensitive data, must be aware of a number of policies and procedures CUNY has established, as well as applicable laws. Please review Secure Computing Practices.
This site is your starting point for learning about and understanding your information security obligations as a member of the CCNY community. See the CIO's Important Information Security Announcement for more information.
IT SECURITY: FALL 2020
- Please review all current CUNY Systems security notices and policies: CUNY Information Security (CIS)
- For Faculty: CUNY Faculty Training: CyberSecurity Awareness
- Find the Important Notices & IT Security Announcements category in the Distance Learning Resource Directory
- Important Notices from the VP/CIO
- Health Screen Reminder and Campus Access Update
Your IT Security To-Do-List
COMPLETE THE SECURITY AWARENESS COURSE
All staff, faculty and students are encouraged to take this 30 minute security awareness program.
Click here for access. If you have trouble logging in, please call&nb rning Resource Support & Information.
VPN Access Request Form App
- Review details for the VPN Access Request
- Review the VPN Access Request FAQs
- Review the VPN Access Request Approval Process
- Review the VPN Access Request Form Instructions
- Access login to the VPN Access Request Form (Login required)
Find information for:
WiFi Access Policy
Students: How To...
IT Security Student Guide
Secure Computing Practices
CUNY Security Advisories
Information Security Workshops
Cyber Security: Avoid Identity Theft
NYS Office of Cyber Security
Campus and Workplace Violence
Leo Leon, DCIO
Office of the Deputy CIO
Information Security Office (ISO)
North Academic Center (NAC)
Room NA 4/225E
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031