The Office of Information Technology would like to introduce the Secure Transfer portal, https://securetransfer.ccny.cuny.edu/. This platform is convenient for individuals, offices and departments that need to send and/or receive sensitive or large files and doesn’t have the restrictions for storing/sharing sensitive files, as does Dropbox and Onedrive.
Sending and Downloading Files
• Uses a simple, easy to understand, webmail-like interface for sending files.
• Send large files that you are unable to send via regular email due to file size limitations.
• Messages can expire on a certain date or after a set number of downloads.
• You can set restrictions where only specified recipients can access the message and download the files.
• Users can receive files from external parties with no prior registration.
• Users can request files from external parties that will not need to register to send files back from the request.
This is a static URL for receiving files and can be set individually or for your office/department. You or OIT can create this unique URL where the recipient (you, your office or department) is pre-set and the sender can be anyone, like your students or external parties. If you would like the OIT to set up a Filedrop for your office or department please submit your request to our Service Desk.
Just keep in mind that received or sent files are not kept in your mailbox (@ccny.cuny.edu) and messages have an expiration date by default.
Last Updated: 03/16/2022 12:43