Division of Human Resources
Dear Faculty & Staff,
The Office of Human Resources would like to provide you the following updates regarding COVID-19 priority testing and vaccination.
Priority testing is available for CUNY faculty, staff and students who:
- Currently reside in a CUNY dorm; or
- Regularly work on a CUNY campus; or
- Attend or teach in-person or hybrid classes including those at clinical sites off-campus.
For a list of participating testing sites, visit the City's Priority Testing for School-Based Staff and Students page.
Faculty and staff who are working on-site can schedule a 45-minute work break twice a month for COVID-19 testing. Eligible faculty and staff must present a valid campus identification card and a letter from HR at the testing site. Please follow the link below to obtain the "Priority Testing" letter from the HR website:
Please note that employees who are working remotely are NOT eligible for CUNY's COVID-19 priority testing. However, employee's working remotely can access free testing by calling 311 or visiting a NYC Health + Hospitals testing site.
As indicated in Vice Chancellor Matos Rodriguez' February 2, 2021 communication, New York State has expanded its Phase 1b COVID-19 vaccination schedule to include the following categories of CUNY employees:
- Individuals age 65 and older
- Instructors teaching in-person courses
- Public Safety personnel including police and peace officers
- Fire Safety directors
- Employees or support staff of licensed or registered childcare providers on CUNY campuses
- P-12 school faculty and staff
Employees who schedule vaccination appointments will be asked to bring proof of eligibility. Proof of eligibility may include the CCNY ID card, a pay stub or other documentation, depending on the specific priority status. In addition, all eligible New Yorkers can find vaccination locations and access more information by visiting the NYC Vaccine Finder website and the NYC Vaccine Hubs website.
All active employees who submit appropriate documentation for vaccination appointments that occur during regularly scheduled work time will be given 2 hours of paid time off for each dose for a total of 4 hours for 2 doses
To report the COVID-19 priority testing 45-minute work break and/or the vaccination leave eligible employees must adhere to the following:
- Supervisor's written approval must be obtained prior to the scheduling of testing breaks and/or vaccinations appointments.
- Timekeeping code "CPT" for COVID-19 priority testing and/or code "CVL" for COVID-19 vaccination leave must be selected on employee timesheets, where applicable.
- For timekeeping purposes, proof of testing and/or vaccination must be obtained for every appointment
- Proof testing and/or vaccination must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com