Share This

Admitted Transfer/Second Degree Guide


Admitted Transfer/Second Degree Guide


Step 1

Activate Your MyCity Page: This is your personal City College web portal that will provide your personalized checklist of items needed to complete the post-admission process. Your login information was provided to you in your acceptance letter/e-mail.

Deadline – Immediately

Step 2

Let Us Know You’re Coming: This is called your “Intent to Enroll,” and can be submitted online through your MyCity page.

Deadline – Immediately. 

Step 3

Pay Your Commitment Deposit: This non-refundable deposit of $100 secures your seat and will be applied toward your tuition. Information on how to submit your commitment deposit (or to find out if you qualify for a waiver) can be found on your MyCity page.  

Deadline – December 17th or 2 weeks after the date on your acceptance letter/email, whichever is later.

Step 4

Submit Your Immunization Records: Before you can register for classes, you must submit the completed Immunization Record Form to our Student Health Services office.

Deadline – Immediately

Step 5

Sign Up for Academic Planning: You will need to meet with an Academic Advisor in order to register for classes.  Log onto your MyCity account to sign up for an academic planning day. 

Deadline – Immediately after the dates are released in Mid-December

Step 6

Review Your Student AcountOnce you have registered for classes, you will need to check your CUNYfirst account to view any outstanding balance. 

Deadline – Due date will be listed on your CUNYfirst account 

Step 7

Send Us Your Final Transcript: In order for us to conduct a complete transfer credit evaluation, you must submit an updated official transcript if you had any “courses in progress” during the application/admissions process. All transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admissions.

Deadline – Immediately after receiving final grades for all courses in progress.

Step 8

Attend Class: The Spring 2019 semester begins on January 25th!


Your Transfer Credit Evaluation 

We will begin working on your transfer credit evaluation as soon as you have filed your "Intent to Enroll" and paid your commitment deposit.

Students Interested in the Division of Science   

In order to enter the Division of Science you must have the prerequisite to take Pre-Calculus or a higher level of math. The prerequisite for Pre-Calculus is College Algebra and Trigonometry. If you have not taken this prerequisite then you must contact the Office of Testing and Evaluations to schedule the math placement exam before you come for Academic Planning.