*Note: This is a full-time program and admission is only offered for the fall semester.
Total Credits: 36
GRE Required: No
Minimum Language Test Scores: 577 (TOEFL PBT), 90+ (TOEFL IBT), 7 (IELTS), 61 (PTE) or 110 (Duolingo)Degree Awarded: M.P.S.
The M.P.S. in Branding + Integrated Communications is a full-time program and will only admit part-time students on a limited basis. It does not offer courses for non-matriculated students.
Supporting Documents Required:
There are three areas of specializations:
- Public Relations
Applicants interested in the Management/Strategy, Media, or Public Relations specialization must include:
- Personal Statement of approximately 500 words that addresses the candidate’s interest in studying Branding + Integrated Communications at City College
- College transcript that demonstrates strong competency in their major area with evidence of serious academic intent and a 3.00 GPA (or equivalent) as well as completion of prerequisite college-level coursework in Statistics.
- Two samples of writing (academic papers, capstone projects, research analyses, etc.) and/or professional work that give dimension to their candidacy, plus one "passion project" submitted as a case study or proposal (along with any relevant support material such as visualization or website link).
- 2 letters of recommendation, including at least one from a faculty member, in support of your candidacy. If you are a professional, one letter must be from an employer.
Applicants interested in the Creative specialization (COPYWRITING and ART DIRECTION) are exempt from the Statistics prerequisite. However, they must supplement the above samples samples of undergraduate or professional writing and/or work and passion project with the following:
- A spec portfolio consisting of 2 print campaigns consisting of 3 ads each. The clients/products are of your choosing. The campaigns must reveal conceptual thinking as well as executional finesse. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is expected and should be demonstrated in your submission. Your preferred interest in either copywriting or art direction should be included in your Statement of Intent.
Program Advisor:Prof. Nancy Tag