Registration for Summer and Fall 2023 classes is OPEN!
Everyone in the Department of Anthropology, Gender Studies, and International Studies are here to help you through the registration process! We encourage you to get in touch with us!
To better navigate all course offerings, use the CUNY Global Search tool.
First, please review the following important information:
- Registration takes place through CUNYfirst.
You cannot register before your appointment. Log into your CUNYfirst account to find your registration appointment.
- Double-check that your email address is listed correctly in the system.
That address is where the College sends essential information, so make sure it is correct and that you check it regularly—especially now that everything is taking place remotely!
- Make sure you do not have any holds on your account.
You will not be able to register for classes until all holds have been lifted.
For tuition (BIH) holds, contact the Bursar: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/bursar
For academic probation holds, contact Assistant Dean Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes listed as “CWE” or “CWNT” or with course numbers ending in “04” are offered by the downtown Center for Worker Education, not by our department.
- If a class you’d like to take is full, please continue checking CUNYfirst to see if a seat opens up.
If a seat does not become available and you would like to request an overtally, we will begin reviewing overtally requests approximately one week before classes start (please do not send any requests prior).
To request an overtally, send an email with the following information to
- Prof. Muir: email@example.com for International Studies courses
- Prof. Riley: firstname.lastname@example.org for Anthropology courses
- Prof. Ajani: email@example.com for Women Studies courses
- your full name and EMPLID
- the course number and title
- why you are requesting the overtally and your email address
We cannot guarantee approval for overtally requests, so be sure to have a backup plan. Overtally requests are prioritized for seniors and AGIS students. If your request is approved, you will need to register for the class in CUNYfirst, so be sure to check your email regularly during this period.
Second, please get in touch with us to discuss your Summer and Fall courses.
We can also help you address other questions you might have.
Send an email with your EMPLID and a description of your question to the appropriate person:
- Anthropology: Prof. Reilly
- Women’s and Gender Studies: Prof. Angel-Ajani
- International Studies: Prof. Muir
- General requirements:
Colin Powell School Advisors—Find their names and email addresses on the website: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/colinpowellschool/office-academic-advisors
- Other concerns:
CUNY Office Assistant: Ms. Natalie Meyers firstname.lastname@example.org
AGIS College Assistant: Ms. Stephanie Barnes email@example.com
AGIS Chair: Dr. Irina Silber firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last Updated: 03/21/2023 12:51