Registration for Summer and Fall 2020 classes is OPEN!
Although everyone in the Department of Anthropology, Gender Studies, and International Studies is working remotely, we are here to help you through the registration process! We encourage you to get in touch with us!
First, please review the following important information:
- Registration takes place through CUNYfirst.
You cannot register before your appointment. Log into your CUNYfirst account to find your registration appointment.
- Double-check that your email address is listed correctly in the system.
That address is where the College sends essential information, so make sure it is correct and that you check it regularly—especially now that everything is taking place remotely!
- Make sure you do not have any holds on your account.
You will not be able to register for classes until all holds have been lifted.
For tuition (BIH) holds, contact the Bursar: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/bursar
For academic probation holds, contact Assistant Dean Foster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes listed as “CWE” or “CWNT” or with course numbers ending in “04” are offered by the downtown Center for Worker Education, not by our department.
- If a class you’d like to take is full, please continue checking CUNYfirst to see if a seat opens up.
If a seat does not become available and you would like to request an overtally, we will begin reviewing overtally requests on Tuesday, August 11, 2020. (Please do not send any requests prior to August 11!)
To request an overtally, send an email with the following information to Prof. Muir: email@example.com
- your full name and EMPLID
- the course number and title
- why you are requesting the overtally4) your email address
We cannot guarantee approval for overtally requests, so be sure to have a backup plan. We will send an email with the decision by August 21 (classes start on August 26). If your request is approved, you will need to register for the class in CUNYfirst, so be sure to check your email regularly during this period.
Second, please get in touch with us to discuss your Summer and Fall courses.
We can also help you address other questions you might have.
Send an email with your EMPLID and a description of your question to the appropriate person:
Colin Powell School Advisors—Find their names and email addresses on the website: https://www.ccny.cuny.edu/colinpowellschool/advising
email the department CUNY Assistant: Ms. Natalie Meyers %firstname.lastname@example.org " rel="nofollow"> email@example.com ; or the department Deputy Chair: Prof. Muir firstname.lastname@example.org