College Now at CCNY allows qualified New York City public high school students to enroll in courses that earn college credit and provides academic enrichment workshops and programs to its 35 partner high schools, strengthening students' foundation for academic success. Students have the opportunity to experience the richness of our campus by enjoying access to our facilities and by participating in academic, social, and cultural events. Interaction with CCNY faculty and students gives College Now students an authentic college experience, eases their transition from high school, and prepares them for a successful academic career.
The College Now office at CCNY serves as the program nexus for the individual high school principals, high school guidance counselors, College Now liaisons, students, parents, and the City College faculty and tutors. College Now at CCNY ensures that students are academically challenged by providing rigorous coursework taught by highly regarded and astute faculty.
In order to take a CCNY College Now course, a student must have:
- A minimum major course average of 80
- A minimum score of 75 or higher on the English Language Arts
Alternatives to English NYS Regents:
- PSAT OR SAT with a 480 on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (E-BRW) component
- ACT overall 20 or higher
- 80 overall average in English
* Applicants without New York State Regents and/or PSAT/SAT or ACT scores, due to the COVID-19 pandemic must have an 75 overall average in English.
**Applicants are to have a minimum of 3 academic semesters of high school.
Director, College Now