The CCNY College Now STEM Research Academy is designed to provide high school students with an opportunity to develop the essential skills to be strong scientific thinkers by engaging in authentic, inquiry-based, and research activities. Selected students will be enrolled in a Spring 2022 course in an area of research science. Upon successful completion of the research science course, students will have the opportunity to participate in a Summer Research Internship – students are partnered with a City College faculty member and will pursue a research topic of interest.
The cost of the program is FREE
to the students.
In order to be eligible for the CCNY College Now STEM Research Academy, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a New York City Public High School 10th or 11th-grader during spring semester 2022.
You must have received a
- 75 or above on the English Language Arts (ELA) Regents
- OR 480+ on SAT Verbal or PSAT Critical Reading
- AND have an overall HS average of at least 80.
You must have passed the following Regents exams with a grade of 66 or better:
- Living Environment
- Earth Science
- Global Studies
Preference will be given to students who have completed or will have completed Algebra II-Trigonometry in the spring 2022 semester.
Note: Applications from students who will be enrolled in more than two Advanced Placement classes in Spring 2021 will not be prioritized.
To view our application click HERE
To submit an application visit our Dropbox folder.
Program Description and Schedule
SPRING 2022 – 25 students will be enrolled in a 54 hour hands-on-science research science course. This course will meet on the City College campus and students can receive a high school elective credit in science for successful completion.
Students who successfully complete the course for HS credit will have the opportunity to apply for a more advanced summer STEM research project.
– 10 of the original 25 students will participate in a six week structured internship program where they will be matched with a City College faculty member based as much as possible on the student’s area of interest. Students will be required to work in a research lab four to five days a week and/or Saturdays, and complete a short project and presentation. Students who successfully complete the research internship and project may be eligible for a $1000 stipend.
Application Process will Commence: November 15, 2021
Application Process will End: January 21, 2022