Computer Engineering Program
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the program are that holders of CCNY's Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Engineering will, in their careers,
- apply scientific and engineering principles, rigorous analysis and creative design in computer engineering to meet the needs of society;
- communicate clearly, participate effectively in teams, and assume leadership roles;
- contribute to the field of computer engineering, participate in professional societies, maintain current knowledge in the field, and pursue advanced studies; and
- act ethically and responsibly in professional activities.
We strive to impart the following in our curriculum:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component or a process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- an ability to communicate effectively.
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- a recognition for the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- competence in computational and simulation tools.
- competence in engineering probability.
- competence in software engineering.
- competence in hardware design.