Recording a Meeting in Zoom Download: Record a Meeting and Share - PDF
Enabling Recording Option in Zoom
1. Sign in to Zoom
2. Click on Settings on the left hand menu
3. Click on the Recording Tab
4. Turn on Local Recording and Cloud Recording
a. You can customize each option
Recording a Meeting
1. Once you start a Zoom meeting as the Host
2. Click the option to Record on the bottom menu of the Zoom meeting
a. You have two options Record on this Computer or Record to the Cloud.
i. Record on this Computer. This option stores the file locally and can later be uploaded to a file storage service like Dropbox.
ii. Record to the Cloud. This option stores the recording in the Zoom application which will need to be downloaded to share it.
3. Once the meeting has ended, Zoom will convert the recording and you will be able to access the files.
Note: By default, the audio/video file (MP4) will be named Zoom_0.mp4. The audio only file (M4A) is named
Accessing Recorded Meeting – Record on this Computer
By default all local recordings are stored in the Documents folder under Zoom
Accessing Recorded Meeting – Record on to the Cloud
1. Click the Recordings tab on the left hand side
2. Once in the Recordings page, you will find a list of recorded meeting
a. You have the option to Share the recorded meeting(s) by copying the link provided to you and also modify permission of who can view/ download the recorded meeting(s).
b. If you click on More option, you have the choice to either Download or Delete the recorded meeting.
For more information you can visit the Zoom Recording Link
Uploading and Sharing Recordings in Dropbox
Record on this Computer
1. Login to https://dropbox.cuny.edu (with CUNY Login credentials)
2. In the Home tab, click Upload Files
3. The file upload windows comes up, click Documents on the left
4. Double click Zoom folder, select Recording (saved by date) you would like to upload, double click on zoom_0 file.
5. Click Upload
6. In Dropbox you can share the file with your students or download it by clicking the three horizontal dots on the far right of the file.
Zoom - Record on to the Cloud
1. On the left hand side click on Recordings, list of recording will be available to Share or Download and Delete.
2. Click on Download to save on your computer, from your Dropbox account you can upload the file.
3. Once you login to Dropbox, in the Home tab, click Upload Files
4. The file upload windows comes up, select the location where you saved the recording, click Upload.
Recording Lectures in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
You can have multiple recordings during one session. If you decide to continue recording a session after you have stopped, a new recording is saved and added to the list of recordings for that session.
When creating a session make sure to enable the download option for the recordings (see instructions below.)
1. During your session, click Start Recording, under Session Menu in the upper left corner. The recording camera appears on with a red dot while recording is in progress.
2. To finish recording, open the Session menu and select Stop Recording.
How do I find the recordings?
You can view recordings in courses you are enrolled in. You may be able to download recordings. Moderators must allow session recording downloads for each session.
Go to Collaborate, open the Menu, and select Recordings.
Collaborate emails moderators links to their recordings. This requires a valid email address. Moderators who own the session or join by personal email get the email.
Enabling Recording sessions to be downloaded
You can enable this feature when setting up the session or after session has ended.
1. Once you click Create a Session
2. On the left hand side menu scroll down to Session Settings. Select Moderator under Default Attendee Role. Under Recording check off Allow recording downloads
If you have a session already recorded, you can go to that session, on the left hand side menu scroll down to Session Settings. Under Recording check off Allow recording downloads.
1. Once in the course, go to Blackboard Collaborate, click on the menu icon
2. Click on Recordings, you will find all recorded sessions for the course.
3. By click on the three horizontal dots next to the recording you will be able to Watch, Download as well as Copy link to email your students.
4. When downloading you will be prompted to save the file, once you save it you can upload to Dropbox. (see above for instructions)
For more information you can visit the Blackboard Collaborate Recording Link