The School of Education of the City College of New York is pleased to offer a coordinated sequence of science education courses to prepare in-service K-8 teachers in areas other than science to teach science by inquiry.
Program completers will receive:
- Comprehensive, coordinated, interdisciplinary training in science and the teaching and learning of science at the K-8 level
- Designation as having completed microcredential (appropriate for professional resumes and portfolios)
- Signed “Certificate of completion of Science Education Microcredential Program”
- Advisement in applying for Middle School Science Certification through the New York State individual pathways process
Microcredential completion requirements
- A minimum of 15 graduate credits in science content in courses designated for science teachers, including at least one course in physical science, one in life science, and one in environmental science
- One 4-credit education course in the teaching and learning of science
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the above courses
Note that this Award is neither a state certification designation nor a City College of New York degree.
For further information, contact Prof. Yael Wyner at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last Updated: 04/11/2022 16:28