Internships are an excellent way for students to gain experience in a new environment, growing personally while they are contributing to the goals of the organization in which they are working. CPDI recognizes that it can be difficult for a student to secure an internship on their own.
Completed Application - Applications can be found in your CCNY Career Connections. Click on the Program Registrations and Surveys tab.
Completed 24 credits at start of internship - Freshmen can apply in order to get a summer internship.
GPA - we do not have a GPA requirement for the program but many employers do have GPA requirements for their positions.
Approved resume on CCNY Career Connections
Complete Online CPDI Workshop - you will be provided access once your application is processed
Attend CPDI Internship Program meeting once you have completed your workshops and your resume has been approved in CCNY Career Connections
STUDENT BENEFITS - CPDI WILL BE YOUR ADVOCATE
- Increased networking opportunities with employers
- Resume actively marketed to employers in effort to match you with an internship opportunity
- Resume referred to employers in effort to match you with an internship opportunity
- Access to special internship opportunities
- Letter of recommendation from CPDI
- Automatic approval into the CPDI Senior Recruitment Program
I WANT TO BE A PART OF THE PROGRAM? WHERE DO I START???
- Sign on to CCNY Career Connections and upload your resume. We do recommend that you Meet With A Career Counselor to have it critiqued prior to uploading it to CCNY Career Connections. In addition, there are sample resumes with you CCNY Career Connections account to assist you with creating your resume.
- Start on a career direction statement which is 3-4 sentences of the type of internship opportunity you are focused on pursuing. This is required field for the application. If you do not have a career direction statement in mind then schedule an appointment to Meet With A Career Counselor.
- Apply to the CPDI Internship Program. You can apply to the program prior to having your resume approved on CCNY Career Connections
- After we receive your application, you will receive an email with information on how to sign onto the online workshop and the requirements for the program.
I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO THE PROGRAM!!! NOW WHAT???
- You will start receiving special emails from CPDI Internship Manager regarding internship opportunities be sure to reply in a timely manner
- You will start receiving emails from employers about interviews be sure to reply in a timely manner
- Apply to internships that you find through your own search.
- Schedule periodic meetings with internship specialist for any additional assistance.
Last Updated: 01/26/2021 14:45