WHO SHOULD APPLY
This Post-baccalaureate Program is designed for career changers and is not a grade enhancement program. This program is for students who have already earned a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a field other than a scientific discipline.
- have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of a least 2.80.
- be ready to take Calculus (i.e., have had college-level pre-calculus or a higher level math course)
- maintain a 3.2 GPA to remain in the program.
- Post-baccalaureate students design their own schedules based on the classes they need. They do not have a predetermined curriculum.
- Post-baccalaureate students register for the same courses as our undergraduate students. They do not have separate sections.
- Priority registration is always given to undergraduate students.
- Post-baccalaureate students who have earned fewer than 24 City College science credits will NOT receive a committee letter from the Director of the Pre-Health Program (PHP).
- Post-baccalaureate students pay part-time undergraduate tuition + fees.
HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the program as a Post-Baccalaureate student is a TWO-STEP PROCESS:
STEP 1: You must first complete the primary application through CUNY admissions (2nd Degree/Undergraduate Transfer Application). Students are encouraged to apply directly online.
STEP 2: Only after completion of step 1, complete the secondary application with the Pre-Health Program (PHP). First, complete the Post-Baccalaureate Application form. Then, submit the following documents directly to the Pre-Health Program (PHP).
- Two letters of recommendation
- must be written on the recommender's department/institution/company letterhead, and must be signed. Letters must be sent directly from the recommender by mail, or as a PDF signed document to the email address below.
- A current cv/resume;
- A personal statement.
- An official transcript(s) from the college/university(s) you received your bachelor's degree, with the notation that you have been conferred/ officially graduated with a final cumulative GPA.
Students must request two official transcripts, as each step requires an official transcript. Please note that The Pre-Health program does not have access to any documents sent to CUNY, or the Admissions Office of the City College of New York.
Last Updated: 06/15/2023 11:35