If you are an undergraduate student in any major currently enrolled at CCNY and interested in applying to the Program in Premedical Studies (PPS), you must:
- submit an undergraduate application.
- have a cumulative 3.0 GPA as well as a 3.0 GPA in science courses;
- have completed one year in general biology;
- one semester of general chemistry;
- one semester of calculus.
Undergraduate CCNY students are welcome to apply once they have achieved the above requirements at any point during the academic year, including the summer. Pre-Med students must maintain a 3.0 overall GPA to remain in the program. Should the GPA drop below 3.0, students will be placed on Program Probation the next semester.Should they fail to reach the 3.0 GPA after their probationary semester, they will be dismissed from the Program in Premedical Studies. Dismissal from the Program in Premedical Studies is NOT a dismissal from CCNY/CUNY.
If you are an undergraduate student in any major currently enrolled at CCNY and interested in applying to the Program in Premedical Studies but have not fulfilled the above requirements, you are welcome to submit a pre-premed application to the program.
Pre-Pre Med is a way for you to be able to gain valuable insight in regards to what is needed to become a CCNY Pre-Med student.Pre-Pre Med allows you to transition seamlessly into the Pre-Med Program once the Eligibility Requirements are met.
What are the benefits of Pre-Pre Med?
- Pre-Pre Med allows you to build a relationship with the Premedical Studies Office. We will be able to provide you with the resources needed to become competitive for professional school while you fulfill eligibility requirements to become Pre-Med;
- Pre-Pre Med students are able to attend seminars, workshops, and events that the Premedical Studies Hosts.You are able to learn about opportunities that are afforded to the Pre-Med community within our program via email and Facebook page.
- Self-Assessment appointments are available to Pre-Pre Med students so you will have the ability to gauge your success and to see areas that need improvement.
Pre-Pre Med students are allotted three semesters only to meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-Med. During this time you should plan on being active in the Program of Premedical Studies to ensure success in transitioning into Pre-Med.