Ability to Benefit (ATB) Test for TAP Eligibility
All New York residents who have a foreign high school diploma are required to meet the New York State ATB standards in order to be eligible for the state's Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
To take the Ability to Benefit (ATB) test at CCNY, you must meet the following three requirements:
1) You must be a CCNY admitted and register student
2) You must seek financial aid awards under the state's Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
3) You do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) from a United States high school
ATB recipients must achieve or exceed the scores listed on the following ATB tests:
- Reading: a score of 233 or higher
- Writing: a score of 235 or higher
- Arithmetic: a score of 230 or higher
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Office of Evaluation and Testing is closed to in-person walk-ins and is now operating remotely. We are happy to assist you through our Virtual Front Desk. You may click here and speak to a representative.
|Monday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 6:30 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 4:00 pm|
You are encourage to review the different resources available for the Ability to Benefit (ATB) test before testing.
To find out more about these preparation resources click here >>
Accommodations based on disabilities will be granted to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
For Disability accommodation, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to scheduling your exam.