Identification: You must present valid identification (ID) bearing both your photo and your name. A City College ID, driver's license, school ID, passport, or employees ID are all acceptable forms of identification. You may be denied entrance to the test center or your scores may be withheld or canceled if you can't present acceptable ID, if the validity of the ID is in question, or if you fail to follow the Identification requirements.
Personal Belongings: Personal belongings such as backpacks, bags, books, notes, calculators, head phones, cell phones, iPods and iPads, MP3 players, computing devices or any device capable of recording audio, photographic, or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content will not be allowed on the testing surface and must be placed in an area designated by the testing staff.
Electronic devices: Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off and put away before entering the testing room. You are not allowed to use cell phones or electronic devices during the entire test session and during any restroom break.
Seating: Proctors will assign each student a seat. You are not permitted to choose your own seat.
Latecomers: Report to the testing room at least 15 minutes before your scheduled test. Give yourself time to relax for several minutes before the test begins. If you arrive earlier than 15 minutes, you might have to wait outside until the testing staff completes it arrangements. Be ready to start after everyone has been checked in and seated. Latecomers will not be accommodated.
Reference materials: The use of a personal calculator is not permitted for the CCNY Math Placement Test.
Directions: Pay close attention to directions. You may be dismissed and/or your test will be voided if you fail to follow directions.
Food and drink: Food and drink of any kind may not be taken into the testing room.
Breaks: Once the test starts, you will not be allowed to leave and return to the testing room until your test is complete or is closing time. If you can't stay for the entire test session, please speak to a proctor. When leaving the testing room, you must turn in all test material. If you need to use the restroom, please notify testing personnel. The use of cell phones or any device capable of recording audio, photographic, or video content or capable of viewing or playing back such content is prohibited during the use of the restroom.
Testing accommodations: The AccessAbility Center (AAC) assists students with disabilities who need testing accommodations. You must present documentation of approved accommodations before your scheduled test date.
Unauthorized persons: Unauthorized persons such as parents, children, and instructors are not allowed in the test room.
Prohibited Behaviors: You will be dismissed and/or your test will be voided if you are found:
- Looking at another student's test
- Giving or receiving assistance
- Using an external calculator
- Using any device to share or exchange information at any time during the tests or during the use of the bathroom (all electronic devices, including cell phones, must be turned off and kept away from the time you are admitted to the test until you are dismissed from the test)
- Using your own scratch paper, notes, dictionaries in the math test, or other aids
- Not following instructions or not abiding by the rules of the testing center
- Exhibiting confrontational, threatening, or unruly behavior
- Creating a disturbance or allowing an alarm or phone to sound in the testing room
- Electronic devices of any sort that might be used to scan, record, photograph, copy, or otherwise produce test content in any way
- Cell phones of any sort (including beepers/pagers)
- Watches or stop watches with alarm sounds, flashing lights, or calculator features
- Headphones or any listening device
- Tools of any sort, including rulers, compasses, and protractors
- Purses, backpacks and the like
- Food or drinks
- Loose clothing, including hats, scarves, and jackets (Note: Scarves and headgear worn for religious purposes are permitted.)
- Note: Students are not allowed to wear sunglasses during testing unless medically necessary.
The Office of Evaluation and Testing may confiscate and retain any electronic device, including a cell phone, used in violation of prohibited behaviors.
Why We Do This?
Our test security procedures are designed to make sure that students have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their skills, that students who do their own work are not unfairly disadvantaged by students who do not, and that scores reported for each student are valid. We know testing can be stressful and we will do everything possible to make your testing experience at City College pleasant.
For more information or questions contact us at:
Last Updated: 03/29/2022 15:08