The City College of New York offers a Masters of Arts in History. We offer a dual track Masters program. We provide a non-thesis option for secondary school teachers looking to broaden their horizons and maintain their state certification, and a thesis-option for students interested in applying to competitive doctoral programs.
To apply for admission to the M.A. Program in History, applicants should submit:
● A statement of purpose
● A 5-8 page academic writing samples (optional but strongly recommended)
● An undergraduate transcript
● Three letters of recommendation
Applicants should have completed at least 12 credits in undergraduate history courses (excluding introductory courses). Applicants also need to have earned an undergraduate cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.0, and a G.P.A. of at least 3.0 or greater in their undergraduate history courses.
You may also find information on admission to the M.A. Program in History under the entry "History" posted on the website of the Office of Admissions. For additional information about the on-line application process, click here.
- To apply to the MA Program in History, use the "Apply Yourself" system.
- To enroll in a course as a non-matriculated student, click here.