Division of Human Resources
Dear Faculty and Staff,
In the continued effort to fight COVID-19 and move New York Forward, the State is mobilizing operations in support to get the vaccine to New Yorkers. To achieve the mission, it is critical that we assist in providing staffing support from employees with various clinical, emergency response, and administrative experience, including but not limited to the following:
- Volunteer Firefighters
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians or Physicians Assistants
- POD Managers
- Planning/Logistics leads
- Administration/Finance leads
- Security Staff
- Clerical Workers
- Financial and Procurement Personnel
- Customer Service Specialists
- IT Support Specialists
Staff interested in this opportunity to serve should note the following and, if interested, must discuss their plans to volunteer with their manager and receive approval via writing to move forward:
- "Volunteers" will be paid regular pay as if they were performing their regular CUNY duties;
- These assignments may include holiday and weekend schedules. Holiday work will be compensated accordingly.
- Overtime will be compensated according to Division of the Budget guidance. Additional details about employee compensation will be forthcoming.
- Assignments will be full time at activity related operation locations; This work CANNOT be done remotely. PPE and equipment necessary for the assignment will be provided at the operation locations.
Upon receiving manager approval, staff must register at:
Once submitted, survey responses will be reviewed by the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). You will receive follow-up communications from NYSDOH with questions, if needed, or reporting instructions to a vaccine operation site. Please do not report to a vaccination site unless directed to do so by NYSDOH.
Please note that staff must forward the manager's written approval, a copy of the completed registration form and the NYSDOH's acceptance confirmation to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please be advised that staff who are selected by the NYSDOH, must select the special code "COVID-19 Vaccination Volunteer" on their CCNY timesheet for the date(s) they volunteer.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help with this historic vaccination effort and help millions of New Yorkers.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com