Enterprise Print Management or Managed Print Services is a leading practice for large organizations, as a new model for the delivery of services around Print. Xerox has performed similar services for private and public sector clients, to standardize and simplify processes, to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
The City of New York has awarded Xerox a 5 year contract to provide an Enterprise Print Management Solution called NYC PrintSmart, for all Mayoral Agencies and is made available to CUNY.
Reduce Overall Print Spend
Reduce printing costs of devices utilizing the Price per Print model.
Right Size the Agency Print Fleet
Recommend an optimal print environment that consolidates the number and type of devices.
Proactive monitoring of the networks to ensure devices are supplied with toner, on an as needed basis.
Reduce Our Carbon Footprint
Support NYC sustainability initiatives by reducing waste and power consumption.
Meet Security Requirements
Support DoITT print security policies helping us to maintain security and confidentiality.
Simplify device support to help employees stay focused on their business goals, improve level of service and help reduce the IT workload.
Standardize technology as an “on ramp” to automate document workflows and reduce excess printing.
Provide Innovative Solutions
Simple and secure print solutions that support mobile workers.
Individualized design standards based on department’s needs, achieving rationalization and optimization objectives.
Price Per Impression (PPI) Model (Pay only for what is printed):
Includes: Equipment, Service, Supplies, Design Planning, Assessment Consultation, Training, Implementation, Change Management and On-going Program Management.
- All inclusive PPI for fully Managed Print Services
- Elimination of any upfront capital expense or lease obligations
- Extremely simplified billing and operating expense management
- Leverage enterprise model with decreasing costs, as participation increases throughout the NYC agencies
Incorporating “IT rationalization” with “optimization” principals to create tailored print environment, without design criteria deviation.
Phase I - Assessment and Strategy Development
- Analysis of current print infrastructure.
- Development of Current State Assessment (“CSA”) and Baseline (TCO) - Total Cost of Ownership
- Present a Future State Document (“FSD”) – showing recommended optimal print environment.
- Present Gap Analysis – showing projected savings from FSD
Phase II - Limited Implementation
- Implement PrintSmart services in select agreed upon locations.
- Market program internally, encouraging users to modify behavior to reduce printing.
- Present results of Limited Implementation
Phase III - Completion of Implementation and Steady State
- Develop a schedule to implement PrintSmart services throughout the college.