THE ID OFFICE IS A DIVISION OF THE PUBLIC SAFETY DEPARTMENT
WE ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED IN THE NAC LOBBY, ROOM 1/205
ID OFFICE HOURS DURING INTERSESSIONS
WEDNESDAY 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
THURSDAY 10:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
FRIDAY 10:00 AM TO 2:00 PM
MONDAY 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
TUESDAY TO THURSDAY 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
FRIDAY 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
CLOSED WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
GET YOUR NEW CityONECard NOW!The CityONEcard is your new and improved City College ID with added features and benefits. It is a secure ID that enhances safety on campus. It is valid for building access and all services. And it serves as a cash card – a convenient payment method for shopping and dining while on campus! The card also comes with bonus and savings features only available through your CityONECard.
The College's commitment to maintaining a secure environment requires a verified form of identification of all persons on campus. Therefore, the College requires that all students, faculty, staff, and visitors prominently display a valid CCNY-issued ID card/pass at all times when on campus and when accessing any facility. Only the CCNY ID Unit issues official CCNY ID cards.
OBTAINING AN ID CARD FROM THE CCNY ID OFFICE - NAC 1/205To obtain a CCNY ID card an applicant must first show proof of affiliation with the college by providing one of the following documents:
Students: A paid Bursar's receipt.
Faculty, staff or other authorized persons (vendors, contractors, etc.): An authorization letter from a department head or from the Office of Human Resources (You can download a copy of the form is at the bottom of this page).
In addition, the applicant must show proof of identity by providing any of the below items.
ACCEPTABLE IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
- United States Passport (unexpired or expired)
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Drivers license or ID card issued by a state of outlying possession of the U.S. provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color and address
- Unexpired foreign passport
- Alien Registration Receipt Card
- Unexpired Temporary Residence Card
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Card
- Unexpired Reentry Permit Unexpired Refugee Travel Document
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by INS with Photograph
- ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color and address
- School identification card with photograph
- U.S. military ID card
- Native American tribal document
- Drivers license issued by a Canadian government authority
- Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State
- Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, or outlying U.S. possession and bearing an official seal
- U.S. Citizen ID Card
- School record, report card, Bursar's receipt, school or class schedule (for individuals under 18 who are unable to present one of the documents listed above)
CCNY WILL NOT HONOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AS PROOF OF IDENTITY:
- Credit cards (unless a photo is inscribed on the card)
- Check cashing cards
- Food Store courtesy cards
- ATM/debit cards
- Pay stubs
- Canceled checks
- Health insurance cards (unless supported with hospital records)
- Social Security Cards
FILING A CHANGE OF INFORMATION FORMThe name on your CCNY records must match the name on the identification document presented to the ID Office. If there are discrepancies between the name on an applicant's proof of identity and the Admissions documents/Records (e.g.. different name due to divorce, marriage or change of name), the applicant must reconcile these data by filing a change of information form with the Registrar, with one of the acceptable identification documents listed above.
Step 1: Present information authenticating your identity to the CCNY Registrar.
Step 2: Bring proof of the name change obtained from the registrar's office to the ID Office along with your 30 day temporary ID card. You will be issued a validated ID card.
If the records have not been reconciled with the 30 day temporary ID expiration date, the expired card is subject to confiscation and further access to the campus facilities will be prohibited. A "STOP" code may be placed on your CCNY records.
VISITOR PASSESThe ID card Unit and/or the NAC Lobby Security Officer issue Passes to authorized visitors and guests who first present a proper photo ID. The Visitors Passes do not contain a photo of the visitor. Please contact the ID Office for additional information.
Criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree. A person is guilty of criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree when, with knowledge that it is forged and with intent to defraud, deceive or injure another, he utters or possesses any forged instrument of a kind specified in section 170.10. Criminal possession of a forged instrument in the second degree is a class D felony.
Download an ID Card Request Form >