Campus Engagement Network (CEN)
The CEN is a new campus-wide program designed to help CCNY develop our teaching in more innovative and engaged ways. This initiative aims to define City College as a place where our teaching, research, and related programming prepares students – and positions the college – to approach society’s biggest challenges with bold solutions and lasting impact.
The training and development program will include a series of workshops and training opportunities over the course of two years designed to provoke curricular innovation, introduce hands-on tools, showcase best practices, and explore interdisciplinary collaboration. Programs will focus on teaching methods that integrate creativity, community, and change into pedagogy and research.
Faculty and staff selected to participate in this program will help to deepen City College’s commitment to these values, and will serve as ambassadors for this work at an interdisciplinary, campus-wide level.
Participation in the CEN Includes:
- A series of training workshops and assistance in building new curriculum
- Opportunity for collaboration with peers
- Eligibility for course innovation grants and course releases
- External conference, site visit, and meeting opportunities
CEN Participation Requirements:
- Minimum 2-year commitment
- Participation in 2 training events per semester. Workshops will focus on pedagogy and practical teaching tools related to community engagement, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, and creating effective change.
- Participation in 1-2 peer network meetings per semester.
- Development of a campus-wide action plan to further goals of:
- integrating these core values into more pedagogy and research;
- generating new, experiential “change-making” courses across disciplines; and
- imbedding these transformative principles into the fabric of CCNY education and culture.
- Helping to guide the implementation and assessment of the CEN initiative.
- Facilitation of an orientation session for incoming students.