Dear Members and Friends of the City College Community:
The June 3, 2022 deadline to register to vote (online, by mail and in-person) is quickly approaching. You must be registered to participate in the Tuesday, June 28, 2022 Primary Election for NY statewide offices (Governor, Lt. Governor, Comptroller, State Attorney, and judicial) and NYS Assembly.
You can verify your Registration Status here.
If you are not registered, here is how you can:
- A personalized NYS voter registration form is available through your CUNYfirst account.
- The CUNY Votes website has a downloadable New York State Voter Registration Form that can be printed and mailed (postmarked by June 3rd) to the Board of Elections.
- Register to vote online through the DMV Electronic Voter Registration portal with your most recent NYS issued ID. Please visit their website for more information.
Next, decide how you will vote and do so as early as possible. NY registered voters have three options to vote in the Primary Election:
- Absentee Voting
- All registered voters can request an absentee ballot (under the "temporary illness" option) if they have concerns related to COVID-19. Request a Ballot (Absentee Ballot Request). Your application must be received by NYC/NYS Board of Elections by June 13.
- Vote Early
- The in-person Early Voting period is June 18 – June 26. Check your Early Voting Poll Site for days and hours of operation.
- Vote in-person on Election Day, June 28
- Check your Election Day Poll Site location. Pools are open from 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
In an effort to engage CUNY students and young people in our communities around elections, CUNY has collaborated with NYCVotes in the WePowerNYC Campaign. The campaign aims to get students to Take the Pledge to Vote, and to sign up to receive election alerts and reminders to help them stay involved and engaged around voting and elections. Take the pledge to vote today.
Your Vote is Your Voice. Make it Count. Vote for your City!